SASS Wire Forum

Fantastic Timing!

Subdeacon Joe

Nice photo.

Looking at the image at the pixel level, the projectile and powder gases do not show any artifacts.

The barrel recoil springs are in recovery.

I would say this a very high speed camera shot. Timing was just right or the results of high speed multiple frame imaging. (video setting)

I have photos of naval (corrected for your benefit) guns and tanks firing with projectiles just clear of the barrel. The military camera operators must get lots of chances to take these kinds of photos. Sooner or later they will get this kind of shot.

I have photos of navel guns and tanks firing with projectiles just clear of the barrel.

I have a photo of navel lint. ;)

Nice photo.

Looking at the image at the pixel level, the projectile and powder gases do not show any artifacts.

I would say this a very high speed camera shot. Timing was just right or the results of high speed multiple frame imaging. (video setting)

I have photos of navel guns and tanks firing with projectiles just clear of the barrel. The military camera operators must get lots of chances to take these kinds of photos. Sooner or later they will get this kind of shot.

I've taken some navel shots - usually involve Jello and tequila - not projectiles

LL

Nice photo.

I have photos of navel guns and tanks firing with projectiles just clear of the barrel. The military camera operators must get lots of chances to take these kinds of photos. Sooner or later they will get this kind of shot.

Figure that 1/1000 of a second makes a difference of roughly 2 1/2 feet in where the projectile is, it all comes down to timing, timing, timing.

Once I spent a day photographing some archery classes trying to get a shot of the archer right as he released. Managed, out of a hundred or so to get TWO of what I wanted. One in which his hand was opened, but the string wasn't yet past the fingertips, the other the string was about 2 inches beyond them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived