SASS Wire Forum

Honor Flights

Utah Bob #35998

Today, 122 WWII vets took off from Denver bound for D.C. to visit the WWII memorial.

Bless 'em all.

http://www.honorflight.org/

Today, 122 WWII vets took off from Denver bound for D.C. to visit the WWII memorial.

Bless 'em all.

http://www.honorflight.org/

I saw four aircraft those men may have flown. They flew over where I work.

A Japanese Zero fighter...a German fighter and an American fighter. Then about two hours later, a B-17 Bomber !

I had cold chills up my spine !

God bless those warriors !

One of my customers was involved in one of those a couple years ago. Several of the men were diabetic, and since the cheap a$$e$ I work for wouldn't make a donation, I donated some syringes and supplies for the flight. Wish my dad could have gone.

JHC :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

PS.....LOVE that quote by Will Rogers!

Hey Bob and all,

I'm a Flight Guardian and fly out of the Rochester, MN hub for Honor Flight. Our last flight held 120 Veterans and about 60 of us and medical personnel. We took 80 wheelchairs and used them all. A whole rack of oxygen bottles filled one compartment under the bus.

We rent four coach busses in Washington DC and make 4-5 stops which means off-loading 180 people and 80 wheelchairs for each stop and then loading everybody back on. We get pretty good at this!

Senator Dole has been present at the WWII Memorial to greet the Veterans when he is able to. We brief the guys and gals not to try and shake his hand due to his wounds from battle.

All of the Veterans are so humble about what they did - their experiences are incredible!

My personal abservation has been the Veterans do not ask for recognition - Honor Flight's position is they deserve it.

This trip is to their Memorial and to thank them all even if it is a belated thank you and for too many, a thank you coming too late.

• 3 weeks later...

Henry: Sent you some questions in a PM.

Hey Bob and all,

I'm a Flight Guardian and fly out of the Rochester, MN hub for Honor Flight. Our last flight held 120 Veterans and about 60 of us and medical personnel. We took 80 wheelchairs and used them all. A whole rack of oxygen bottles filled one compartment under the bus.

We rent four coach busses in Washington DC and make 4-5 stops which means off-loading 180 people and 80 wheelchairs for each stop and then loading everybody back on. We get pretty good at this!

Senator Dole has been present at the WWII Memorial to greet the Veterans when he is able to. We brief the guys and gals not to try and shake his hand due to his wounds from battle.

All of the Veterans are so humble about what they did - their experiences are incredible!

My personal abservation has been the Veterans do not ask for recognition - Honor Flight's position is they deserve it.

This trip is to their Memorial and to thank them all even if it is a belated thank you and for too many, a thank you coming too late.

Archived