SASS Wire Forum

Watching paint dry..

Well, I pulled the trigger and while humming "Paint Your Wagon" Lee Marvin style, flew in and painted my gun cart..Got a link from over on the wire to some pics of old wagons from back in the day, which comfirmed my notion that a lot of old wagons were painted green with red trim, sometimes a bit of yellow..I guess "John Deere green" is a holdover from the old days, there were examples dating all the way back to the 1850's.. B)

Anyhoo, I finished the last bit of trim this morning, and will probably put it back together this afternoon..I do believe it's gonna look purty good! :D

I'm sure I'll get some raggin' from my Pards at the range about my cart lookin' like a riding mower, but it's gonna be fun explaining that color has been being used for about 150 or so years! ^_^

Pictures...we must have pictures!!!

I have a cart I need to paint as well....I'm interested to see what yours looks like.

Oh No! :unsure:

I was afraid I was gonna get asked for pics..:lol:

I never been able to figger out how to get the picture thing to work..BUT-

The Memsaab is off from school for the summer and I'm gonna try and get her to help..She's the cornputer genius in the family..Heck, my 10 year old Grandaughter knows more about the dang things than I do.. :blush:

As soon as I get the thing back together, I'll see iffn' I can get some pics up..I would like for Y'all to see it! :D

Oh No! :unsure:

I was afraid I was gonna get asked for pics..:lol:

I never been able to figger out how to get the picture thing to work..BUT-

The Memsaab is off from school for the summer and I'm gonna try and get her to help..She's the cornputer genius in the family..Heck, my 10 year old Grandaughter knows more about the dang things than I do.. :blush:

As soon as I get the thing back together, I'll see iffn' I can get some pics up..I would like for Y'all to see it! :D

And that makes you different, how? :lol:

Thank you for remembering my John Deere dress. :unsure: Unfortunately, I've only worn it once :rolleyes: and I've never worn the hat that only goes with it.

I am so :blush:

Now how could I forget it? But all that work, and only worn it once?

Dearest MCM,

After your post, I must wear it again and, this time, with the hat!

Photos will be forthcoming!

:wub:

AM

Now we just have to get Doc to post a pic of the cart, and we can foto-shop the two ^_^

Archived