SASS Wire Forum

Back in the day, we had good music

Utah Bob #35998

Here is a great PPandM "dittyz":

It was just some really classic stuff that they put on the PP&M in Concert album

I could go on for days about great music....from almost every era, But one of my favorites all the way up to 2000 when he passed on, and that was Hoyt Axton:

(and this just happens to be with my favorite girl singer to boot.)

curley

Memories....wow. Linda was just about my favorite gal singer, as well. I just wish she hadn't gotten had the coke nose problems - we'd likely be hearing the same great voice and range today, with just a little mellowing from "age".

I have to agree with all here about great music from the '40s to the '80s (plus the classical age - I love classical more every day).

Then there is the ©Rap, from today..... I agree that it doesn't fit the definition of Music, although there are a few Hip-Hop tunes that come close as it evolves back into real music. Hope s[rings eternal!

Harvey - the Musical Curmudgeon

Well, I have to correct myself, I went thru some old recordings and I have an old VJ record and it has 500mi on it with Hoochie Koochie Man and Voodoo Blues..and...This Little Light...

cut it was burried so deep it has been a while since I have played it. I am going to remedey that tonite.

so once again Professor, thank you.

curley

Well, I have to correct myself, I went thru some old recordings and I have an old VJ record and it has 500mi on it with Hoochie Koochie Man and Voodoo Blues..and...This Little Light...

cut it was burried so deep it has been a while since I have played it. I am going to remedey that tonite.

so once again Professor, thank you.

curley

Curley -

It was also on his very first album - the one recorded at the Troubadour with Billy Cheatwood and Jimmy McQuinn as back up.

Featured Greenback $, Ashville Junction, Brisbane Ladies, 500 Miles, The Balladeer, Ox Drivers Song, Peggy-O [my favorite], Walkin to Georgia,

Vandy, John Henry.

Great album if you do not have it.

I do have duplication capabilities.

Professor Tull

Thanks Professor,

I pretty much have all those songs...

alot of Hoyts early stuff was gone...he used to say the mob got it...I saw him one nite at the Troubadour in Hollywood to a sell out crowd, and the following weekend he was at the Prison of Socrates in Newport with me and the 4 other people.

He was one heck of a guy.

curley

..... shouldn't rap be spelled with a "w" ?? .... ?

................ as in "warp" ..... ??????

<_<

Actually it's spelled CRAP, but the C is silent. ^_^

How about Blood Sweat & Tears, Chicago and The Average White Band!! :)

Rye

Come on! This was the time of revolution!

Far out man! :lol:

Archived