SASS Wire Forum

The Prince of the Pistoleers

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

I want to give a big thanks to all Powder Creek Cowboys and Cowgirls for a wonderful shoot. What can I say but WOW. On friday shooting started at 9:00am and I really think people were tired of shooting becouse buy 4:30 the range was still hot and nobody was shooting. They offer so much shooting it was amazing. Anything from all your standered side match's, to accuracy match, wild bunch match, warmup match, long range match, cowboy clays. and on an on. And great vendors. Working Ranch is always a favorite with the ladies and I can't say enough about Brisco and his wife. There prices on products are some of the best out there. Brisco had more guns to work on then you can imagine. He was great. Hard to find parts. He had them. And had guns back up and running before you knew it. Made alot of shooters happy this weekend.

The stages for Saturday and Sunday were great. Stages where not hard to understand. The Posses Marshals did a great job of keeping the posses moving. Posse 4 and our Great Leader (Hondo). What a great posse. Might of been one of the best all around posses I have ever been on. Thanks Hondo. You deserved the Spirit of the Game award. Good job. Saturday night banquet might of been a little long but food was good and there was plenty for everybody. Sidematch award are some of the best. Three awards for each catagory both men and women. They cut no cornners or expenses to make all shooters feel welcome and appreciated. I could be wrong but I believe everybody recieved a door prize on Saturday night.

Sunday shooting started around 9:00 and we were through 5 stages before you knew it. Lunch was then ready and awards handed out after that. Again if you shot a SASS recognized catagory they recognized it. Even if there was only 1 or 2 people in the catagory. The awards are some of the best I have ever seen. What can I say Goldie Lou ran a tight ship but did a great job. Working with that many guys couldn't be easy but you did it. Thanks. Chauncy, your story lines where great and gave Hondo alot of movies to watch. I could go on and on.

I think you get my point. This is a great shoot and some of the greatest people in SASS to hang with. De One and I had fun and love this shoot. Thanks

See you next year.

Deacon Stone

A giant Plus 1 to everything the good Deacon said.

I have to say my posse, Posse 2, was the greatest. Jimmy Reno and Digger John did an outstanding job. It was wonderful to be on a posse where absolutely everybody happily worked and folks came up to ask if you need to be relieved. I have heard that all the other posses were terrific, but Posse 2 was the greatest. Thanks Goldie Lou, Chauncey Dewey and your entire team.

The food was great, and a big thumbs up to the entire group of ladies who put on breakfast and lunch. Oh, we can't forget Harry Zass who did a great job on the barbeque.

First I would like to say the Dooley Gang was well represented. Its amazing how many purple Dooley Gang arm bands there where. There was Kansas, Missouri, Texas and I'm sure other Dooley Gang members there. All I can say for sure is that Doc Hurd and his wife Katie Scarlet were the overall POP Champs. Brisco was your Frontier Champ. High Plains Huds-Classic Cowboy, Rusty Dove-Lady Wrangler, Hondo Tucker-Gunfighter. I'm sure Hondo and the gang will have scores posted before to long.

Deacon Stone

Oh man!!! Everything Deacon and Bart said times 2!!! Except that posse 1 was the best!!!!! Thanks Asa Smith!!!

Posse 1 was the best !!

Thanks Hud for all the help (On the posse and behind the scenes)!!

It was a pleasure shooting with a group of true winners !!

I would like to thanks the unsung HEROS !!

Kylie Coyote, Rosy and Harry Zass, the food was GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone at PoP was very nice to those of us who made the trip from Texas. We felt welcome there. We plan to go back next year.

GREATTTT SHOOT!!

Ditto's to what everyone above said. Everything was well planned and you could see the attention to detail that was involved. Food was outstanding. Vendors were great, had to buy a few items from the Working Ranch and Cowboy Suppy.

See y'all next year.

Thanks to all the workers.

Smokie

Thank you to Rowdy Buckshot & Mrs. Goldie Lu and all of their club members! My mom and Dad and I all had a fun time at your shoot. You all have a nice place. All of the meals were real good too. We were on posse 2 and it was alot of fun shooting with alot of our friends and shooting with alot of new ones. Our posse had alot of people who placed good too. Congratulations to Doc Hurd overall man and his wife Mrs. Katie Scarlett overall woman. Also our good friend Frisco Red who won Wrangler, my dad for winning Cowboy. And all others on our posse. We hope to come back next year and even make your state shoot. THANK YOU B)

Thank you to the Powder Creek cowboys and cowgals for putting on a great shoot. I was very impressed and am writing it into my schedule for next year. Your hard work and pride were so evident in your prep, your concern for our welfare in the warm weather, and especially in your attitudes, you all were great hosts. Of course I am biased to posse 2 being the best group of folks. Its great to shoot with friends and a few new folks. As I travel as a single, it's great to continually add new friends, it makes going to shoots more and more fun! Thank you for all for your hospitality!

Had a great time at Prince of the Pistoleers! Thanks a bunch to all that assisted in setting up a very entertaining and smooth running event. Ya'll deserve a BIG Kudos!!

I'm certainly looking forward to PoP 2013 and couple of Powder Creek Cowboy's monthly events in the future.

Also a big thanks to all of the vendors and shooters who attended this great event as well.

Posse #1......what can I say. Thanks Asa Smith and High Plains Hud and everyone else on the best posse. It was a great pleasure and really enjoyed meeting and getting to know you all.

Thank you to the Powder Creek cowboys and cowgals for putting on a great shoot. I was very impressed and am writing it into my schedule for next year. Your hard work and pride were so evident in your prep, your concern for our welfare in the warm weather, and especially in your attitudes, you all were great hosts. Of course I am biased to posse 2 being the best group of folks. Its great to shoot with friends and a few new folks. As I travel as a single, it's great to continually add new friends, it makes going to shoots more and more fun! Thank you for all for your hospitality!

It was good meeting you, and a pleasure to shoot with you, Jackie. I hope we can shoot together again down the road real soon.

Oh man!!! Everything Deacon and Bart said times 2!!! Except that posse 1 was the best!!!!! Thanks Asa Smith!!!

Dittos to Deacon's sentiments as well as everyone elses; except it was Posse 5 that rocked. How could we not with Deadwood Slim as Posse Marshal and Beefalow Bruns as his trusty sidekick. Also, any Posse with Shootin Newton and Chantilly is a laugh riot in the making.

Congrats to Doc Hurd and Katie Scarlett for their overall wins and to Frisco Red and Missouri Traveler for there category wins, as well as all the rest of the category winners.

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

Fannie Kicker and I would also like to chime in and let everyone know how much FUN we had again this year at POP! Was it a perfect shoot? Nope. But I don't think any shoot could be considered perfect. Was it a great shoot? YOU BETCHA! This was our fourth POP and they just keep gettin BETTER! Hats off to a BUNCH of hard workers who put together a great shoot. Great side match day. The food this year was OUTSTANDING! From lunch at the range all three days, hot breakfast Sunday morning, the spaghetti dinner at the Thursday night meet-n-greet and the Saturday night banquet was superb! Thanks to Match Director Goldie Lu for keepin everyone on track, Range Master Chauncey Dewey for fun stages and to Posse 3 Marshall, Rowdy Buckshot(you know, the guy who makes the Gas-o-leen)! And congrats to all the category winners and a big congrats to Overall Mens and Ladies Champions and our good friends Doc Hurd and his lovely wife Katie Scarlett. Glad our Texas friends Petticoat Chaser, Complicated Lady, Omaha John and Patty were able to make it. It's always fun to have outta state friend at your local annual match! Sorry John and Patty became ill and had to leave early.

Put this one on you calender for next year folks! :)

What no Injuns'......I'll have to come back [sometime hopefully !! ]

Regards & Hi...'Painted Mohawk

Sure enjoyed havin' y'all last year, would love ta have ya back in the future!

P.S. Enjoyed the postal match! :)

Archived