SASS Wire Forum

Colt McCallister & Deuce Stevens are offering a Shooting class at the Ohio State Shoot

Korupt Karl

Here's your chance....OHIO STATE SHOOT June 8-11, Piqua, Ohio, Miami Valley Cowboys....They are offering a class to the first 10 signed up. The class starts at 10am on Friday the 9th of June at the range and runs until 4 pm. Their resume is a who's who of Cowboy Action Shooting and the class would be helpful to shooters at all levels.

Contact Deuce directly so we don't get overbooked. The easiest way is to post on here or to pm him. Cost of the class is $100 and it would be the best value going.

Korupt Karl

PS: I just signed up myself.....below are some of the accomplishments of Duece and Colt.....

COLT:

02 Kentucky State Overall

05 EOT Traditional World Champ

05 EOT Second overall

3 time top ten EOT

03-04-05-09-11 Mid West Regional Champ

02-03-04-06-07-09-11 Michigan State Champ

03-04-06-10 Ohio State Overall

05 Indiana State Overall

11 Illinois State Overall

Winner of tons of Annual and monthly shoots

DEUCE:

10 Winter Range Champ

08 Trad Nat'l Champ Winter Range

08-09-11 Ohio State Overall

Two time Michigan State Champ

08-09-10-11 Minnesota State Overall

09-10-11 Indiana State Overall

US OPEN Champ

07 Midwest Regional

Territorial Governor

...and Multiple Annual and Monthly's

KK:

you're right! A 6 hr class with those two fellers is worth the $$. Their knowledge and experience should make this class a priority for alot of shooters.

..........Widder

Guest Evil Roy

It will be the best $100 you will spend. Both great shooters.

I think you have the names on the wrong win records. Not sure but I think so.

It will be the best $100 you will spend. Both great shooters.

I think you have the names on the wrong win records. Not sure but I think so.

Thanks Roy and you are probably right.....I just copied what was on the sheet that was sent out and I probably got a couple of em wrong. My main point is that they are truly qualified as you pointed out.

Thanks KK

Correction....You are right ROY....I transposed the listing wrong. Thanks...I corrected it on the original post. Apologies to C and D.

KK:

Deuce spells his name: DEUCE

^_^^_^

..........Widder

Dern Widder I am having a Monday...LOL. I did make the corrections on the spelling.

KK

Liars and Legends.........

I'll let you decide who's who.

And before anyone gets all hot and bothered, I am friends with both these guys. I am sure they are just as "gracious" about me when I'm not looking.

Ya'll should take advantage of this class. It will cut-out countless hours of trying to figure it out yourselves.

Dang It (where's the bourbon) Dan

I am sure they are just as "gracious" about me when I'm not looking.

I'll tell you Deuce is "gracious" when he speaks of you. He had plenty of nice things to say about the GA State shoot and those he shot with. He is one fine Pard. I hope one day I get the chance to watch you shoot also Dang It Dan. Just one of the many reasons why I like this sport and wish I had found it sooner.

Hey Karl, does this mean you signed up to learn how to shoot? Good post! We are pleased to offer this at the match! Having shot with these guys through the years, I have come to call them friends. They not only are first rate shooters, but first rate people! On the club web site, Ohio State Shoot you can find Deuce's phone number, call him to sign up for the class! See you all at the match!

That I'm doing everything wrong???????lol

I heard this is actually a 3 hour SASS top gun class....plus 2 additional hours of how to shoot in snowshoes during Michigan's 359 day winters.

One of the biggest mistakes you can make in this sport is to ignore the opportunity to take a class from Colt. Having Deuce there is an added bonus.

It does not matter what your experience is you will walk away with valueable infomation and your shooting experience in the future will be even more fun.

btt

One of the biggest mistakes you can make in this sport is to ignore the opportunity to take a class from Colt. Having Deuce there is an added bonus.

It does not matter what your experience is you will walk away with valueable infomation and your shooting experience in the future will be even more fun.

Could not have said it any better....and to anyone planning on taking this course from two of the top shooters in the land, you might want to let Duece know right away before it fills. I understand it is going to be limited to 10 which means a great teacher to student ratio as well as a lot of shootin.....

KK

Its one of tha things I regret, not going to a good shooting school. I remember a friend of mine going to Handlebar Doc's school an commin back an relaying things to me. Trust me my shooting grew by leaps an bounds, Wonder how it would have changed by really going to tha school?????????

With good teachin I would probably not be doing some of tha things I do.

These two guys probably are as good a teachers as there are in this game. I've only shot with Colt one time, trust me I learned from him at that one match! Oh an he wasn't teachin!

As far as Deuce goes, well if you come away with only his drive to do well you orta leave a extry hunnert an if you pay attention you will probably save several hundered in wasted ammo doing things tha wrong way.

Hell I'd like ta take it if I could make tha shoot!

RRR

Could not have said it any better....and to anyone planning on taking this course from two of the top shooters in the land, you might want to let Duece know right away before it fills. I understand it is going to be limited to 10 which means a great teacher to student ratio as well as a lot of shootin.....

KK

The email I got said ten person minimum.

Its one of tha things I regret, not going to a good shooting school. I remember a friend of mine going to Handlebar Doc's school an commin back an relaying things to me. Trust me my shooting grew by leaps an bounds, Wonder how it would have changed by really going to tha school?????????

With good teachin I would probably not be doing some of tha things I do.

These two guys probably are as good a teachers as there are in this game. I've only shot with Colt one time, trust me I learned from him at that one match! Oh an he wasn't teachin!

As far as Deuce goes, well if you come away with only his drive to do well you orta leave a extry hunnert an if you pay attention you will probably save several hundered in wasted ammo doing things tha wrong way.

Hell I'd like ta take it if I could make tha shoot!

RRR

Absolutely correct, the money you spend on a shooting school will easily save many dollars of ammo used practicing techniques that may not be optimal for success.

I would take this class if I was in the neighborhood.

Brim

It is not to late to sign up ya'll! There is still one week until the match and the chance of a lifetime to take this awesome class! So give Deuce a call at 616-890-6657 and tell him you want to take the class. Then, go to Ohio State and sign up for the match. Why really, you don't even have to sign up for the match, but you might as well!

BTT for any last minute lookers. I know that I am taking the class....I can't believe the opportunity to get hands on instruction from two of the top shooters in the land. As someone said...this class will save you money in the long run....if we only new a few of the techniques, secrets or tips on how to practice, transition, etc. I know that I will walk away a better shooter.

I remember taking a Dooley class about 4 years ago and I learned a lot from T Bone and crew and now it's time to take this class. If you only take a couple of things from the class it is worth it.

I'm not gonna let this opportunity go by. To my knowledge these two have never teamed up and who knows if they will again.

KK

Just got a pm from Colt....if'n you are taking the shootin class with Colt and Duece you will need a minimum of 100 rifle 100 pistol and 75 shotgun. This is gonna be a blast....KK

Archived