SASS Wire Forum

that clerk tricked me

Perro Del Diablo

When to my dealer and the clerk said the rock island purty good for being cheap gun. I couldn't help looking at that poor unloved lil gun being so sad so I adopted one. Took it to the range and after the usual bath a new gun needs I feed it after few of my own recipe and we both fell in love.

When to my dealer and the clerk said the rock island purty good for being cheap gun. I couldn't help looking at that poor unloved lil gun being so sad so I adopted one. Took it to the range and after the usual bath a new gun needs I feed it after few of my own recipe and we both fell in love.

I think I speak for everyone here, we're happy for you and you're new RI. Happy trails!

Rye

I had one that I had slicked up and eventually gave to my son-in-law. It is a sweet shooter. My son-in-law says he's NEVER getting rid of that gun. I think the RIA 1911 comes about as close as the original 1911's as anything out there. Sure, they're "plain Janes," with no "bells and whistles," but they sure get the job done. Enjoy your new toy.

I've shot a couple of RI's and was pleased. I'm actually looking for one with traditional sights for WB. I've got a Colt Series 80 Govt. with the white dots and don't want to use it for WB too much. I think the RI is perfect for WB.

Rye

I have a compact version of the RIA, carry it every day and love it to death. I have a full size in my future also for both WB and, because I 'need' it.

Here is a link to a picture of it, doesn't seem to want to imbed.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/timhernandez/DSCF0599-Copy.jpg

I've shot a couple of RI's and was pleased. I'm actually looking for one with traditional sights for WB. I've got a Colt Series 80 Govt. with the white dots and don't want to use it for WB too much. I think the RI is perfect for WB.

Rye

Rye,

You shooting BP out of that. Gonna be fun to watch.......

The clerk did not trick you. You are suffering from a mental "defect" that all gun-nuts suffer from. The emotional attachment to firearms.

I have a compact version of the RIA, carry it every day and love it to death. I have a full size in my future also for both WB and, because I 'need' it.

Here is a link to a picture of it, doesn't seem to want to imbed.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/timhernandez/DSCF0599-Copy.jpg

Lefty Stone, It appears to me your gun is at full cock and your safety is off. While it may not be loaded, it could be, and with a shotgun shell in the trigger guard.....What if? Cocked and locked has always been OK,but your is not locked. Just sayin'

I'm aware of it having a grip safety.

Nice gun otherwise......

Big Jake

The gun is cocked and it is not locked :blink: , But he has spelled it all right ! :huh:

LOL Just Sayin'

Big Jake You shore are a observant Pard . :wacko:

We cant get one buy you ! :unsure:

The gun is cocked and it is not locked :blink: , But he has spelled it all right ! :huh:

LOL Just Sayin'

Big Jake You shore are a observant Pard . :wacko:

We cant get one buy you ! :unsure:

Were you just trying to get one by me? I caught that one real fast. :lol: Buy is to go purchase something.

Big Jake

Rye,

You shooting BP out of that. Gonna be fun to watch.......

What a hoot that would be!! LOL

Rye

Were you just trying to get one by me? I caught that one real fast. :lol: Buy is to go purchase something.

Big Jake

LOL LOL :P : :lol::huh::rolleyes::P

From a gun conversation to a grammar lesson... only on the Interwebs.......

Tho I do have to thank you all, after reading this, I went out and ordered my plain jane full size RIA to round out the family.

The RIA's are the best, most little known value in the 1911 world today. I have two of them, a compact, which is great for CCW and a five-incher for when I get the cahones to try Wild Bunch. Already have the rifle and model 97.

I have three mags for the 1911, do I need more?

Archived