SASS Wire Forum

another idea for loading bench

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Old school teacher desks,,,the oak ones the people give away....just the rite height with a dillon and strong mount, (or if your like me with a homemade strongmount out of 2x6s) drawers to store stuff in, room on the back for shelves and the leg part for boxes...

I even used an old floor type tv minus the guts for a roll around stand for my shotmaker, which I'm going to sell,,,

I just hate to throw stuff away......a tenant left one of the old really big tvs that was bad so I made rolling shelves out of that....

Cheyenne

+1 on the old oak school desks

Big heavy & a thick solid top.

Years ago, I was given a large old "executive" desk.

Not as heavy as a school desk, but nearly so.

Added a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood to the top & it has been my reloading bench ever since.

--Dawg

Oh heck - why not the old school desks we used to sit in. Just sit and bolt the loader on the top service and you can keep your supplies in the desk :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Old school teacher desks,,,the oak ones the people give away....just the rite height with a dillon and strong mount, (or if your like me with a homemade strongmount out of 2x6s) drawers to store stuff in, room on the back for shelves and the leg part for boxes...

I even used an old floor type tv minus the guts for a roll around stand for my shotmaker, which I'm going to sell,,,

I just hate to throw stuff away......a tenant left one of the old really big tvs that was bad so I made rolling shelves out of that....

Cheyenne

When are you selling the shot maker??

When are you selling the shot maker??

Tried to PM you, wouldnt go thru. I will be getting home around the 8th of May,,,contact me then and I will have the particulars worked out..

CC

I got rid of the old metal desk when I moved a few years ago. The scrap guy said it was 800+ lbs. :rolleyes: I was wondering why I was having such a fun time moving it from the back bedroom to the garage. :huh:

Archived