SASS Wire Forum

PGW coil main spring conversion for '73's

Two Spurs

I'm looking at the Pioneer Gun Works coil main spring conversion for my '73. Sounds good.

Has anyone put one in and seen a noticable difference?

:)

Spurs,

What are you looking for with a spring replacemen?

The PGW is a beautiful work and very smooth.

A faster alternative, and nearly as smooth is he SliX-main spring. This is a torsion assembly that realy speeds up the lock time of the rifle.

Figure what you want to accomplish then decide.

The SliX-Main is available from Longhunter supply and Desperado Cowboy Bullets.

Good luck,

Ol' #4

Spurs,

What are you looking for with a spring replacemen?

The PGW is a beautiful work and very smooth.

A faster alternative, and nearly as smooth is he SliX-main spring. This is a torsion assembly that realy speeds up the lock time of the rifle.

Figure what you want to accomplish then decide.

The SliX-Main is available from Longhunter supply and Desperado Cowboy Bullets.

Good luck,

Ol' #4

Looking to smooth out (lighten up) the levering when cocking the hammer back. I've handled a couple of rifles lately that are dramatically smoother in that regard.

A couple friends checked them out. One really likes the. The other found what Colt said, he could tune his regular spring more to his liking.

IF you are not real good at tuning your own springs, the PGW & SLix Springs are an excellent options.

When it's opinion you're requesting it's opinion you get. The value of which is exactly what you paid for it. I have tried the coil spring mains both the PGW and the Slix, of the two I like the Slix the best. Both are well made and the technology behind the Slix is first rate, when I first saw it I just said Duhh. Why didn't I think of that its a natual. However, I have removed them both and I am running a flat spring. Why, I just didn't like the feel. The PGW uses the hammer to compress the spring and the feel at least for me was inconsistant. During the six thousand rounds I had a Slix spring installed the spring broke twice. Could that have been a result of a poor installation of course the answer to that is yes, but I dont think so. So there ya go.

Archived