SASS Wire Forum

Gunfight Behing The Jersey Lily

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

Old Top and a friend

Old Top SHOT A CLEAN MATCH....

the Lily was great this year. And my complements to the folks that put on the match. We had LOTS of vendors..I spent way too much money. I had a great posse to shoot with and if you look at my web page ya can see some pix of the match:

pix of the match

and if ya didn't think there was enough smoke, well look here:

Smoke

Phil gave us plenty of that

and J3 had a new secret device to show:

J3 SteamPunk

curley

Single Barrel - Overall Mens Champ

Crazy Little Woman - Overall Ladies Champ

Iron Eyes Rudy - Master Gunfighter Winner (more on this in a sec)

Crazy Little Woman - Sweet 16 Shootoff Winner

Cowboy - Single Barrel

Cowgirl - Crazy Little Woman

49er - Shotgun Boogie

Senior - Long Swede

Wrangler - RePhil

Lady Wrangler - Rebecca West

Gunfighter - Lead Dispencer (yes...you read that right)

Elder Statesman - Desperado

All I can remember at the moment. Now about the Top Gun Shootoff. Iron Eyes Rudy initially faced off against Shotgun Boogie. Boogie eeked out a win with a fast reload and a quick trigger finger. OK, but there was an odd number of shooters so a loser from the previous round was brought back by random draw. Rudy got the draw and shot again.....and was again paired with Boogie. The second time through, Boogie beat Rudy again. But there was still an odd number of shooters so another random draw was made and Rudy was AGAIN selected to come back. And AGAIN was paired with Boogie. This time, Rudy got past Boogie (third time's the charm!!) and vaulted into the finals against Long Swede. Long Swede had Rudy beat by a mile but after he fired hsi reload and knocked over the winner target, his missed his holster and dropped his pistol to the ground....DQ!! Rudy wins the shootoff. You had to see it to believe it.

I have to say that this shoot reminded me of the good old days of End of Trail. I will definitely be back next year, hopefully camping on-site. I was fortunate to be on a great posse and met some old friends I hadn't seen in a very long while. It had been about 7 years since I shot my last match, but I managed to get right back in the groove and shoot as bad as ever. Actually, I shot 6 stages clean, had only 1 miss on five others and two misses on another. Now there are guns to clean and ammo to reload for next months Cowboys match.

Wyatt

... Now about the Top Gun Shootoff. Iron Eyes Rudy initially faced off against Shotgun Boogie. Boogie eeked out a win with a fast reload and a quick trigger finger. OK, but there was an odd number of shooters so a loser from the previous round was brought back by random draw. Rudy got the draw and shot again.....and was again paired with Boogie. The second time through, Boogie beat Rudy again. But there was still an odd number of shooters so another random draw was made and Rudy was AGAIN selected to come back. And AGAIN was paired with Boogie. This time, Rudy got past Boogie (third time's the charm!!) and vaulted into the finals against Long Swede. Long Swede had Rudy beat by a mile but after he fired hsi reload and knocked over the winner target, his missed his holster and dropped his pistol to the ground....DQ!! Rudy wins the shootoff. You had to see it to believe it.

IROT, that sounds like something fun to see!

Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks for the photos, Curly!

Regards,

Allie Mo

I have to say that this shoot reminded me of the good old days of End of Trail. I will definitely be back next year, hopefully camping on-site. I was fortunate to be on a great posse and met some old friends I hadn't seen in a very long while. It had been about 7 years since I shot my last match, but I managed to get right back in the groove and shoot as bad as ever. Actually, I shot 6 stages clean, had only 1 miss on five others and two misses on another. Now there are guns to clean and ammo to reload for next months Cowboys match.

Wyatt

It was great to meet you Pard.

Roy

Likewise Roy.

BTW, I just checked the scores and it seems you beat me by two places, with some character by the name of Jittery Jim Jonah :D right between us. We were separated by a total of 9 seconds!

Wyatt

Likewise Roy.

BTW, I just checked the scores and it seems you beat me by two places, with some character by the name of Jittery Jim Jonah :D right between us. We were separated by a total of 9 seconds!

Wyatt

Howdy Tombstone,

It was a great match and that is fer sure n' fer certain, but most of all was the Pards and Pardetts that I saw again and the new Pards that I met for the first time.

Howdy Badwater,

Not to step on any toes but your coffee was the best of the best. Always a pleasure to stop by your camp my friend and enjoy your company and a good story.

Your Pard,

Ricochet Roy

Curly,I see you shot with some friends of mine from NY, Annabelle Brandsford, Rowdy Bill and Tom Payne.

Curly,I see you shot with some friends of mine from NY, Annabelle Brandsford, Rowdy Bill and Tom Payne.

Yes sir, we did and enjoyed the company, and also noticed that "Pat Riot" guncart.

was a pleasure shootin with them folks, please pass that along to them.

curley

Archived