SASS Wire Forum

Gunfight Behind Jersey Lily

Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L

This is my first Gunfight. What can I expect regarding side matches? LR rifle, 22lr pistol/rifle, speed this or that, shotgun? I see they break for lunch. Food provided?? Food available?? I need to plan ahead.

Thanks.

Wyatt

Wyatt HERE are the side match winners from 2009, I would suspect they will have similar side matches this year. 2010 side match winners were not on the website.

If nothing else, the thread goes back to the top in hopes of someone at the Cowboys seeing it to fill you in.

Grizz

This is my first Gunfight. What can I expect regarding side matches? LR rifle, 22lr pistol/rifle, speed this or that, shotgun? I see they break for lunch. Food provided?? Food available?? I need to plan ahead.

Thanks.

Wyatt

Howdy Wyatt,

For side matches we've got .22 pistol/rifle, pocket pistol/derringer, speed pistol, speed shotgun, long range rifle pistol caliber, long range rifle rifle caliber, long range rifle buffalo (BP), plus a team shoot. I've probably forgotten a side match or two. There will be at least two food vendors at the range. We will also have re-enactors, and working blacksmith, chuckwagon, and mining camp displays. Plus a petting zoo.

Here's a schedule of events: Gunfight Schedule

Additionally these vendors will be there:

Buckaroo Bobbins

Butterfly Frillies

Cloak Drummer

Circle M Saddlery & Gun Leather

Desert Crafts

Katies Millinery

McClintock Saddle Works

Niccoli Enterprises

Ricochet Roys Old West

RP Designs

Tio Chons Shop

Tombstone Leather

Traditional General Store

Uniquetek, Inc.

White Wolf Trading

W.K. Baker Earplugs

Thanks.

Wyatt

Bring every thing you have. You can shoot them at the side match,22 pistal, rifle,pocket pistol dearinger,ect ect. Hell just bring everything you have.

Thanks.

Wyatt

Keep in mind that when you are at The Lilly, you are on an oasis in the middle of a HUGE metropolitan area. 10 minutes from the Range is Norco or Corona proper where you can find groceries, fast food, Starbucks, and more. 15 minutes gets to a Walmart and such. You are within a short distance of anything you want.

Then when you are at the Range, you would think you are in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy!

Fillmore

One other thing to expect......you'll have the time of your life. GBJL is one of the best matches to go to. And I ain't saying that just because I'm a sponsor neither. Seriously, you can bet on a heck of a great time.

:ph34r: All the above advice is true--- but restrained due to the innate modesty of the Cowboys :lol:

You can expect the time of your life with great people, super entertainment after shooting hours, terrific stages/setups/ambiance, varied quality vendors, and authentic 'atmosphere' (think barnyard aroma... :rolleyes: )

And remember, although you WILL be in The Beverly Hills of the Inland Empire, you're still in Norco, and it will SEEM like the middle of Nowhere....

Just wishing we could be there this year. Unfortunately, I'm still making payments on my shoulder surgery. Can't risk them repossessing it.

Thanks to all. I guess I'll bring everything!!

AND be sure ta look up the DAMMITS and POSSE 2 in the camp/rv town...

WE WILL BE LOOKIN' FER YOU....

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

No one expects IROT in a Grass Skirt and Coconut Bra.

I'm gonna have to miss the Jersey Lily this year, dang it! It's always been a great time.

A couple more questions:

Should I expect a confirmation email or some mail correspondance w/posse assignment? I just sent my app in last Sat (10-8).

I plan on arriving about 8:30am on Thurs to get registered and survey the lay of the land. Is there a designated shooter's parking area? I will not be camping on-site.

I am looking forward to my first shoot in a very long time and meetin' new pards, DAMMIT....

When you see the vehicles you'll know you're there and there are usually Cowboys pointing you where to go. <Whisper mode on> Make sure you don't loan any money to Captain Jake!! <Whisper mode off>

Fillmore-DAMMIT

When you see the vehicles you'll know you're there and there are usually Cowboys pointing you where to go. <Whisper mode on> Make sure you don't loan any money to Captain Jake!! <Whisper mode off>

Fillmore-DAMMIT

Nah, Jake's alright.

It's his identical cousin (no branches in their family tree), el Guapo Diablo, that you gotta watch out for. Definitely guard yer wallet, booze, and small farm animals around that varmint.

When you come down the range road, you'll see all the campers and RVs off to the right forming the campground. And dead ahead will be the big tent and the rest of the vendor town. Look for a building with the "Jersey Lily" sign on it. There's a small office to the right of the Jersey Lily marked Office. That's where you will check in on Thursday when you arrive. Hope that helps.

WOW!

I dropped by pt pick up my shooters pack and wow....they have outdone themselves this year.

must be 3X the vendors. and the street is starting to look like a street....I am very impressed.

lookin foward to the weekend...

curley

Archived