SASS Wire Forum

Java plug in

Girl friend wants to play games on the pogo web site, it says she needs java plug in, I guess it's what they call it. What is this??? Is it safe to install, don't know anything about this. I went to a web site that talked about it, it said most pc's already have this, I'm not sure about this since I don't play games and she does, but doesn't want to ruin her pc. I know on Google Chrome it says it is blocked because it isn't safe or something to that effect, security was a issue also.

What does Java actually do and is it safe, need advice from the pc wizards.

All for now JD Trampas

If you don't plug in the coffee maker, you won't have any java.

JD

I ain't no wizard but I've been around the block a time er 2.

The Java or Javascript package will not hurt your computer in any way.

HOWEVER

Hackers like to take over innocent sites and plant special little bits of code on the sites that will activate when unsuspecting folks visit.

What are those little landmines?

Usually Javascript.

So if you have Java installed on your computer the javascript does its thing usually planting a Trojan Horse on your computer to send your personal info back to the mother ship.

If you have a good virus detector, usually it runs a flag up the pole to let you know something is going on and it isolates the problem code. End of story.

OR If you don't have javascript installed nothing happens.

By the same token if you don't have JS installed your GF can't play fun games on her computer.

Sounds like you need to hire a full-time IT guy to keep your GF outta trouble.:lol:

Hope this helps ya, Pard

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Waimea, her IT guy is in the air force, has been for 4 years or more, plans on making a career of it, he is in Calif right now, very hard to get ahold of. So far she hasn't did it and I'm thinking she isn't going to, will let her see your post for sure, thanks

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. Right now we are using Microsoft Security Essentials, both of us, I like it so far, and it's free, will decide later if we want to upgrade to some other brand, but happy so far with this

Archived