SASS Wire Forum

"The Scalphunters"

J-BAR #18287

1968 Burt Lancaster, Telly Savalas, Ossie Davis, Shelly Winters movie with an Elmer Bernstein soundtrack.

Thumbs up or down?

I would watch that movie every time I saw it come on TV. I liked it, Good humor from the banter back and forth between Ossie and Burt. I give it a 7. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Well, I redeemed a discount coupon and got a dvd for $3.00. It was worth $3, IMHO. Watched it after work today.

Better than "Duel In the Sun" or the Stone/Hackman atrocity "The Quick and the Dead", at least.

Well, I redeemed a discount coupon and got a dvd for $3.00. It was worth $3, IMHO. Watched it after work today.

Better than "Duel In the Sun" or the Stone/Hackman atrocity "The Quick and the Dead", at least.

On the other hand

Sharon Stone or Shelly Winters? ;)

Not even Sharon Stone could salvage that disaster. If you enjoy it, great, watch it until your eyeballs bleed. But IMO, the plot was so unbelievable I just could not watch it. And I liked "Cowboys and Aliens" for cryin' out loud!

Haven't seen it in ages, but always seemed to enjoy it. :)

Joe Bass: "Scalphunter! You reach up with your right hand and wiggle your left ear!...Now, if you wanna
keep
that ear, you turn loose that pack horse!"

Jim Howie: "Now just wait a minute here, Mistah, let's just talk about.."
KAPLOW!!!

(ear magically vanishes in a splatter of blood)

Jim Howie: (screaming to his hired thugs) "TURN LOOSE THAT PACK HORSE!!!!

You can't help but applaud something like that! :P

Archived