SASS Wire Forum

Wife Shot Her First Match Today!

Dusty Walker

As the title says, my wife shot her first match today. She was pretty nervous, and had a few misses, but she had a great time. As a bonus, she got to shoot with some great shooters. Deuce, Black Tom, Cumberland Drifter, Mountain Drover and others were a great example for her, and your encouragement was greatly appreciated. I'm thinking that if she keeps shooting that means I'll get to shoot more! She did a great job and I'm extremely proud of her.

That's great. And sounds like she got to shoot with some great folks.

After 5 or so years of me shooting. When I finally got the wife to try it.

She ordered her leather and picked her guns that she wanted before we ever left the range

that day. :rolleyes: It's great having her go with me. BUT. WOW. Can she burn through the ammo. :wacko:

But that's OK. What's a little more time at the reloader. :huh:

It was alot of fun getting to see her shoot her first match. She been coming watching for awhile, but she did herself proud today the way she kept her head once the buzzer went off. I hope she gets bit by the bug and continues shooting, Deuce and I can tell you its a lot of fun when your better half comes to play with you. Looking forward to shooting with ya'll again soon.

Black Tom

Good to hear !! the more ladies the better...it means it's easier for us to buy more guns.!! :)

Nice that she is shooting with you,color me envious.

As the title says, my wife shot her first match today. She was pretty nervous, and had a few misses, but she had a great time. As a bonus, she got to shoot with some great shooters. Deuce, Black Tom, Cumberland Drifter, Mountain Drover and others were a great example for her, and your encouragement was greatly appreciated. I'm thinking that if she keeps shooting that means I'll get to shoot more! She did a great job and I'm extremely proud of her.

Congrats, that's great that you're shooting together!

Will I see ya' at GOA?

Kid

Dusty, as always it was great to shoot with you. Congrats to Tiffany on her first match. She did fantastic. Her confidence grew all day and her times got better with every stage. It was fun to see her first match and hope that there will be many more.

Drifter

It was a real HOOT! And, you can tell her for me, she is a whole bunch better to look at than her husband. :o I have been saying this for many a year: It is a very brave man who teaches his wife how to shoot! :huh: Seriously, Congratulations Tippy Shoots Well, and WELL DONE! KCD

I hate loading ammo as it is. Now I have to make sure I have enough for her!

Campo: Not going to be able to make it to GOA this year. Good luck to you though!

Knob Head: I just realized I put your old name in my post. Sorry!

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Archived