SASS Wire Forum

Most disgusting voice mail

Whenever I am stuck in a voicemail jungle I remind myself of the worst one I ever encountered. After The Germinator passed (3/15/09) I did my best to notify any businesses that she had dealt with and close accounts. BTW, in retrospect I find it way to easy to close someone else's accounts. However, when I got to Capitol One, I called and said that she had passed and was told that I would have to report it to their "Probate Department." (she owed them nothing by the way I just wanted to assure the account was frozen).

"Probate department" was a voicemail responce system. "Please enter the account number" "Please say and spell the name of the account holder" "Please say and spell your name" "We are sorry, we did not understand that, Please say and spell your name"

Finally I hung up on them.

Later Linda got a letter in the mail "Because of information received, your credit limit has been reduced to $1000. You are entitled to know the source of this information . . . "

When my mom died, she had been scheduled for jury duty. My dad, trying to do the right thing called to inform them that she had passed and they demanded a Death Certificate be sent so he did. He continued to get threatening letters about the fines and possibility of arrest for not showing up to Jury Duty, so again he called to try to sort it out and was told to send another death certificate. A while later, he got a call from somebody in the court system wanting to talk to my mom about her not showing up for jury duty and he pretty much lost it at that point. He had enough of the BS and informed them that her address had changed to Rose Hills memorial, she was in the Garden of Serenity section and they could go dig her up to take her in to court any time they wanted and hung up on them. Funny thing....they haven't bothered him since.

When my mom died, she had been scheduled for jury duty. My dad, trying to do the right thing called to inform them that she had passed and they demanded a Death Certificate be sent so he did. He continued to get threatening letters about the fines and possibility of arrest for not showing up to Jury Duty, so again he called to try to sort it out and was told to send another death certificate. A while later, he got a call from somebody in the court system wanting to talk to my mom about her not showing up for jury duty and he pretty much lost it at that point. He had enough of the BS and informed them that her address had changed to Rose Hills memorial, she was in the Garden of Serenity section and they could go dig her up to take her in to court any time they wanted and hung up on them. Funny thing....they haven't bothered him since.

My father had a similar situation happen. My mother was ill with cancer for some time. My father tried repeatedly to get a handicapped parking pass for her to make it easier to go for doctors visits etc. The DMV gave him the runaround several times. They wanted to make sure he LEGITIMATELY needed it. Well, it finally arrived.....the day she passed away. :angry:

A pal of mine was named after his father and used the 'junior' suffix. Both were retired US Army. When his father died, instead of stopping Sr.'s pension, they stopped Jr's. It seems the VA had a problem differentiating between a retired O-6 and a retired E-7. Took over a year to get everything straightened out. Naturally everything else was also FUBB including disability and medical benefits. Gotta love bureaucrats.

And just to show that private companies are also plagued by incompetents, I got a notice from Qwest that my account was seriously in arrears and unless I immediately paid my arrears, my phone service would be terminated. The amount owed was $0.00. Numerous phone calls failed to solve this nonsense. Finally sent them a check for $0.00. Problem solved. Funny thing was, they never cashed the check. At least my bank never notified me that my account was debited $0.00.

Archived