SASS Wire Forum

non sass, Looking for a new e mail & home page?

Guest Chief

Guest Chief

I have been with Yahoo for the past nine years, they now inform me that they are changing the mail and home page, after reading the agreement they want to have signed it is a no go, they want a credit card nr and the right to track my use of the net and be authorized to give to others as they want. I am loking for suggestions for a new e mail provider and a home page. Any in put would be appreciated. Thanks Chief

Have heard nothing about this, I have e-mail and home page from yahoo. I do get e-mails once in a blue moon from yahoo, I just delete it instead of reading it, I only open from people I know, and I don't know yahoo, so hence it gets deleted plus a host of others.

All for now JD Trampas

Chief -

Although it's from ANOTHER large computer company, I'd suggest you look into Google Apps (for individuals). Free, with email, and a web site (home page) that is easy to set up and maintain.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

And if you grow to the point where you want to do something bigger, it can grow up to be an account on Google Apps for Business.

Nope, don't own any stock or work there or have friends that make a ton of money by me mentioning this to you.

Good luck, GJ

You can get a free email account from MSN (Hotmail) and Google (gmail) and I'm sure others. You probably can get a free email account with your internet provider as well. As far as "home pages" you can just make what ever you want your home page being yahoo.com, msn.com, google.com, cnn.com or whatever floats your boat.

You should NEVER have to send in a credit card number for free email accounts from Yahoo or any of the other email providers unless you want "premium" services such as increased online storage of messages or larger file attachment limits. If your use is casual email you should not pay for that. They make their money from online advertising that you are forced to see when you use the free email services.

Guest Chief

Thanks a lot for all the sugestions,will try them out. as I am defffinatly not a computer person, if I push the on button and it works I am happy. only use it for wx checking and gun parts odering. Thanks again Chief

Thanks a lot for all the sugestions,will try them out. as I am defffinatly not a computer person, if I push the on button and it works I am happy. only use it for wx checking and gun parts odering. Thanks again Chief

Chief, I'm with some others on this. I don't think the email was from Yahoo. You should be fine leaving your email where it is. More likely, the email is what is called Phishing but prounounced fishing. Essentially it is an effort by some no-good to trick you into giving them your credit card information so they can go shopping at your expense. The emails are purposely designed to appear as if they have come from the party they claim to represent, in this case Yahoo. They put the bait out there and hope some unsuspecting "phish" will come along and eat it up.

Archived