SASS Wire Forum

Making shotgun glitter shells

Rance - SASS # 54090

Since I've gotten my own reloader.. My shootin' partner Lacey now wants me to make her up some "Glitter Shotgun Shells" :wacko:

A fellow lady shooter gave her some once upon a time and she liked them :rolleyes: and wants me to try and make some. :wub:

So.....

I currently load a duplicate to the Winchester Featherlites... 12 gauge AA's

I know this much...

1. resize the shell and brass

2. install new primer

3. drop powder

4. seat wad...

5. :wacko: But then what... :blush:

put some glitter in now and drop the shot? I kinda think it would just burn up at the bottom of the wad..

or drop the shot and then take part of it(like half) out and put glitter in and then top the shot back off?

or drop all the shot and take a little off the top to replace with glitter?

I know I still want a good crimp so somehow the heighth has to be the same with glitter as without glitter..

Guess I need to know if any of you folks have done this (with success) and can tell me where to put the glitter..

and NO... don't tell me to put the glitter up the first thing that comes to mind :lol:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' n' wonderin' "Where's the glitter go?" :blush:

Since I've gotten my own reloader.. My shootin' partner Lacey now wants me to make her up some "Glitter Shotgun Shells" :wacko:

A fellow lady shooter gave her some once upon a time and she liked them :rolleyes: and wants me to try and make some. :wub:

So.....

I know this much...

2. install new primer

3. drop powder

4. seat wad...

5. :wacko: But then what... :blush:

put some glitter in now and drop the powder? I kinda think it would just burn up at the bottom of the wad..

or drop the shot and then take part of it(like half) out and put glitter in and then top the shot back off?

or drop all the shot and take a little off the top to replace with glitter?

I know I still want a good crimp so somehow the heighth has to be the same with glitter as without glitter..

Guess I need to know if any of you folks have done this (with success) and can tell me where to put the glitter..

and NO... don't tell me to put the glitter up the first thing that comes to mind :lol:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' n' wonderin' "Where's the glitter go?" :blush:

Cowboy Rance, these glitter shells, they're for you aren't they? :lol:

Cowboy Rance, these glitter shells, they're for you aren't they? :lol:

Now Spittoon... get off that. :wacko: ..They ain't fer me.. I ain't never shot one yet :D .. But my wife Lacey wants em' and likes em'

She's kinda' of a glittery type of gal :blush:

Rance <_<

C.R., use mylar or foil sequens. Place them in the shot cup with the shot. Shake it down a little and sprinkle in a little more!. For a different effect use tinsel or dissassemble the pull string party poppers and put the payload in the shot cup. Crepe paper makes a flower looking projectile and cotton or feathers are cool too.

Glitter doesn't show up all that well and colored chaulk often doesn't wash out of light colored clothes.

Welcome in advance to the Insane Clown Posse! :lol::FlagAm:

When you get the urge we'll discuss pyrotechnical (fireworks) loads!! :o:lol:

i have some red, white and blue feathers that i stuff in brass shotgun shells when I want to do something like that

:FlagAm: Well, this is how I do it for my friend, Diamond Jay. I cut the tower section out of the plastic wad. At the wad seating station I place the bottom cup, the part that goes against the powder in the wad seater. I then place enough glitter to replace the tower or column section of the wad, then pace the shot cup on top and seat in the hull. Lots of glitter and oohs and aahs from the posse when one goes down the barrel. I do a very similar process for my lovely bride, Apple Annie's BP shotgun shells.

If you want, P.M. Diamond Jay and ask her how she likes them.

Regards,

Chas B. Wolfson

I know this much...

2. install new primer

3. drop powder

4. seat wad...

5. But then what...

Stop at this point and pull load from the loader. You will see that there is space above the shot for the crimp. Fill this space with the large glitter, either red or green, as they show up the best, completly to the top of the hull. Put your thumb over the glitter and hold the base of the hull on your running tumbler and the glitter will shake down into the shot. Then finish your crimp as normal. No change to your shot height or load is necessary, it's just like adding buffer to the shot, fills the space between the shot.

Been doing this for years now.

Greeenriver

Archived