SASS Wire Forum

I know that CC. It are the bionic eye.Willie and I are going out Saturday to watch some shooting of the chicken/pig etc.

I am leaning very far to the .17 HMR. I think I got one staked out. Now to decide on the

BIONIC EYE!

I wish I lived closer.. I could use the range time.. lol.. and the Bionic Eye.. lol

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMC....take Willie's .17hmr out for a drive... start on the 50 yard target, put a small piece of duct tape over the string at 50 yds. and go back to the bench and shoot the little bitty piece of duct tape off the string... then go out to the 100 yard target, and put one of those two inch orange splatter target on a piece of card board and go back to the bench and shoot all the orange out... then go the Ffl and buy one.

I am afeared that is what is gonna happen, OKB.

I am so addicted. :o

I am afeared that is what is gonna happen, OKB.

I am so addicted. :o

Addictions only end well if you get you FIX.. buy more guns. and shoot more often.. :)

Deja, Willie and me would be honored to have you shoot with us, but I gotta tell ya,

Willie is a gamer. :blink:

The honor would be all mine boys... ah.. wait then can I have a handicap so I can beat WW?? lol

The honor would be all mine boys... ah.. wait then can I have a handicap so I can beat WW?? lol

Handicap you say?

Would a baseball bat work?

Most ususal to use a 2 x 4 to get his attention, but I recon a baseball bat would work.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC04262.jpg

Just a reminder BMC and WWG also OKB. We shoot these little babies at 154 yds. They are mini targets. The chicken body is smaller than a half dollar.

The black pig you see is at 105 yds and is regulation size for our yardage which is 212yds max.

CC, show 'em the little .22 that your using to shoot them little pigs....

...me I just use my Browning BL-22 with iron sights or the CZ....

Common on CC, put in the pics of your .22 rifles....

We shot Cowboy Sat. I missed a clean sweep by-that much!!!!!!!!

BLB is lying low. Laying low. He's hiding!!!Wonder why. :lol::lol::unsure:

I shoot them with both the 22 and the 17 and the Squirrel Gun.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC04791.jpg

These are the targets we shoot with the Marlin's with open sights

Griz and Tanner,

I sponsor a sidematch at Ambush every year and these are the targets we shoot at at 35 yds with open sights. Time vs hits determins the winner.

Tanner good to see ya Pard.

My father in law had a real nice 77/22 that would have been good for that. Wish I'd had the cash when my mother in law had me sell off all this guns, would have liked to have had that, and his single six.

Them chickens looked bigger in the brochure!

.22 or .17? That's the question!

That would be .17 HMR work for certain, Tanner.

Or a .416 Rigby Pinfire Buick Killer.

Cherokee, them close in big as a mountain targets would be fresh meat for me .416 Ribby. Did I ever show you that rifle?

That would be .17 HMR work for certain, Tanner.

Or a .416 Rigby Pinfire Buick Killer.

Cherokee, them close in big as a mountain targets would be fresh meat for me .416 Ribby. Did I ever show you that rifle?

BMC..... please do yourownself a favor and go buy this 'ere .22 rifle: The Anschutz Model 1416D is a .22 Long Rifle bolt-action rifle that features the manufacturer’s Match 64 action and a 22.5-inch barrel. Here's the web site: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=106&sprache=1 so you can go look at them...

..Anschutz also makes a .17 HMR version...

BMC..... please do yourownself a favor and go buy this 'ere .22 rifle: The Anschutz Model 1416D is a .22 Long Rifle bolt-action rifle that features the manufacturer’s Match 64 action and a 22.5-inch barrel. Here's the web site: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=106&sprache=1 so you can go look at them...

..Anschutz also makes a .17 HMR version...

OKB, I got all the .22 LR I need. It were a .17 HMR that I wuz a lusting after.

First off, I got to go see if I can see them chickens let alone shoot em.

Me an Willie, or should I say Willie and me, or is it Willie and I, or I and Willie.

I get so confused. :blink: Anyway we are going to visit the range Saturday, weather

dependent, and see what we shall see.

Let me say this about the Anschutz----ya better have long finger(s) or at least a long trigger finger. The gun is fine. I just can't reach the trigger comfortably. (no smart remarks please)

OKB, I got all the .22 LR I need. It were a .17 HMR that I wuz a lusting after.

First off, I got to go see if I can see them chickens let alone shoot em.

Me an Willie, or should I say Willie and me, or is it Willie and I, or I and Willie.

I get so confused. :blink: Anyway we are going to visit the range Saturday, weather

dependent, and see what we shall see.

Anschutz makes the .17 caliber too

See this 'ere site: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=109&sprache=1

there's several to choose from.....

I shoot the CZ 452 Lux, but it's one of them .22 calibers......

OKB,

I bought a 22 and a 17 in the LVT and they are awesome shooters. A young man by the name of Russ at our club bought one and it felt so good to me I sold my Anschutz and bought them. I won't have to buy anymore rifles. I have just what I need to shoot my games.

Cheap gun. Only holds four rounds and weighs almost as much as my M1 Garand.

Who would shoot a Cooper anyway?

Cheap gun. Only holds four rounds and weighs almost as much as my M1 Garand.

Who would shoot a Cooper anyway?

You load up that cheap 4 round clip and shoot that cheap rifle and make a one hole group at fifty yards and-------------------------you will. :)

You load up that cheap 4 round clip and shoot that cheap rifle and make a one hole group at fifty yards and-------------------------you will. :)

Cherokee, that LVT is so heavy, I am not certain I can pick it up. I thought you shot five rounds in your silhouette game.

Badger, I tell ya what you do, spend a couple of hundred on a 10/22, replace the stock, barrel, trigger, mag release, rail, put a scope or red dot on it and then run for cover when yer missus finds out you just put more money into the rifle than you paid for it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05250.jpg

Guys I have to go to bed. I'm tired. Look what I did all day. :)

Badger, I tell ya what you do, spend a couple of hundred on a 10/22, replace the stock, barrel, trigger, mag release, rail, put a scope or red dot on it and then run for cover when yer missus finds out you just put more money into the rifle than you paid for it.

Grizz, you make a good part. I was looking at the catalog the other night. I saw so many add ons that I asked nyself, why not just buy all the parts and build your own. Save the cost of the original rifle. I have to say that what I have seen of the 10/22 I think I will just pass. I have little or no use for a semi auto in .22. Aside from the M1 Garand I own, I have no desire to own another. I do like my little .416 Rigby Pinfire though. Just need more dance time with it.

I find it somewhat amusing that they are selling thumb holes in rifle stocks and sniper scopes and add ons for all sorts of "platforms". As far as I am concerned a fellow can buy or build what ever the law will allow. I just don't have to like it. :)

Archived