SASS Wire Forum

Great Article on Gun Control

Carolina Cowboy

What's right and sensible has never deterred a government bent on infringing your rights. Don't stop fighting.

Yup...and remain vigilant. No matter how perverse gun legislation that is introduced may seem or what you 'think' may be internet fodder. Check it out - verify - and act as necessary!!

GG ~ :rolleyes:

A very well reasoned and well written opinion. I also read Sarah Brady's op-ed piece (know thine enemy). There was no reasoning involved, just an emotional appeal. The contrast is very revealing.

I am tempted to copy BOTH articles and send them to my Representative and Senators and, yes, President Obama, with a personal note. You might doubt whether doing this will have any beneficial effect, but I know for certain that remaining silent is the greater danger.

Thanks for posting the link!

Buena suerte,

eGG

That's a great idea eGG. I just posted both to my Facebook as well so that others who might otherwise even avoid the discussion might have the chance to reflect on the continuing encroachment on so many of our Rights.

For the last month the debate has raged about using metaphors like "in the crosshairs" or "targeted" as if restricting our freedom of speech will somehow prevent a madman becoming inflamed to violence.

One would think that somewhere, somehow the prior laws against murder, violence and assault had never been written.

A very well reasoned and well written opinion. I also read Sarah Brady's op-ed piece (know thine enemy). There was no reasoning involved, just an emotional appeal. The contrast is very revealing.

I am tempted to copy BOTH articles and send them to my Representative and Senators and, yes, President Obama, with a personal note. You might doubt whether doing this will have any beneficial effect, but I know for certain that remaining silent is the greater danger.

Buena suerte,

eGG

You welcome....I did print both and handed them out at our club to let others read them.....it is quite a contrast......and you are right, remaining silent is the worst thing we as shooters and gun owners can do....with this latest tragedy, and it is a horrible thing, a lot of politicians are trying to make it an excuss to make more gun control laws....we have to let our politicians that we Voted in know how we feel... :rolleyes:

Buena suerte,

eGG

Exactly. Too many of us spend time only preaching to the choir. Or standing around in the gun shop or at the range complaining. But ask "When was the last time you contacted your state or federal legislators?" an you get looked at like you are talking in Klingon. Here in CA every member of the Assembly represents about 450,000 people, each district should have a fair number of gun owners - at least several tens of thousands. If we could get 15,000 honest gun owners in each district to call or writ once a week and tie up maybe 3 minutes of staff time, that comes to something like 750 man hour/week dealing with gun owners concerns. That might get some attention. But I doubt they even get a hundred a week. Safe enough to ignore.

That's a great idea eGG. I just posted both to my Facebook as well so that others who might otherwise even avoid the discussion might have the chance to reflect on the continuing encroachment on so many of our Rights.

For the last month the debate has raged about using metaphors like "in the crosshairs" or "targeted" as if restricting our freedom of speech will somehow prevent a madman becoming inflamed to violence.

One would think that somewhere, somehow the prior laws against murder, violence and assault had never been written.

Yup - posted on my FB page too.

G (good sources can (at times) be found on this here Wire)G ~ :)

Archived