SASS Wire Forum

History of profiling

Red Logan #12252

The day it all started was March 6, 1836.

On that fateful day, Davy Crockett woke up and rose from his bunk on the main floor of the Alamo.

He walked up to the observation post along the west wall of the fort.

William B. Travis and Jim Bowie were already there, looking out over the top of the wall.

These three great men gazed at the hordes of Mexicans moving toward them.

With a puzzled look on his face, Crockett turned to Bowie and asked,

"Jim, are we having some landscaping done today?"

Maybe if they had jackets and hats with "INS" on them, the whole nasty affair could have been avoided! :FlagAm::blush:

I'd like to get a couple of those. LOL

My Son in Law is of Mexican descent he served in the Army and was jump qualified. He now serves the state of Alaska as a State Policeman. His father is a Mexican also and served 30 years in the US Army retiring as a command Sergeant Major in 1997. I stood shoulder to shoulder with a wetback back in ’66 and in 68 too they both stood their ground while according to the theme of the post “better men ran”. One of them now has his name on the wall. While I agree illegal is still illegal but put the blame on the politicians were it belongs. More good honest hard working men and women have crossed our border than evil. The flood should be stopped but someone is making too much money on drugs and the backs of these people for it to stop soon.

PS

Bowie was flat on his back on March 6th but he was a brave man and fought to the end.

My nieghbors are hard working folks and americans and i enjoyed emensly the delicous tamales they brought me at Christmas ,my wife made candy and i took to them..I got a bad limp so i got the nighborhood kids together thier grandson being one and they all helped me decorate the yard at Christmas,we had a little extra and they got a fiver and a bag of popcorn candy each.

The last couple years people of my own ilk have done more harm to me than they have and all were politicians! :blush:

My Son in Law is of Mexican descent he served in the Army and was jump qualified. He now serves the state of Alaska as a State Policeman. His father is a Mexican also and served 30 years in the US Army retiring as a command Sergeant Major in 1997. I stood shoulder to shoulder with a wetback back in ’66 and in 68 too they both stood their ground while according to the theme of the post “better men ran”. One of them now has his name on the wall. While I agree illegal is still illegal but put the blame on the politicians were it belongs. More good honest hard working men and women have crossed our border than evil. The flood should be stopped but someone is making too much money on drugs and the backs of these people for it to stop soon.

PS

Bowie was flat on his back on March 6th but he was a brave man and fought to the end.

Sir, I will be among the first to agree that good men, and women, too, have entered this country from Mexico. But to put the blame on politicians is false. The blame on anyone that breaks the law goes entirely on the person that makes the decision to become a criminal. Be it a burgler or an illegal emerigate, they made the decision on their own to become a criminal, not the body that made the laws. The only politicians that share the blame are the Mexican ones that support and encourage illegal entry to the US. Illegaly entering this country is a crime, ant the ONLY person responsible for that crime is the person commiting the crime.

Greeenriver

PS

I hate the hyphenated-American crap. :rolleyes: Sir, your son in law and his father are Americans. Perhaps of Mexican decent or origin, but Americans none the less. If they were to renounce their chosen country then maybe they would be Mexicans, but in my eyes they are Americans until they do so. I thank them both for their service.

When the world was younger my friends and I joked about each other's ethnicity openly, loudly and freely. The fact that I was a "kraut" or a "hienie" was no more or less funny or demeaning than any of the other slang terms, (now considered slurs) we called each other. No one took offense. Even the ones that are now considered taboo were accepted and even considered points of pride, often answered with a loud, "You damn right!".

None of those slang names or their related nationalities were attached to "American" with a hyphen. Being American was a seperate point of pride!

You know, some folks use "hillbilly" as a derogotory term? :unsure:

Yeah, I'm proud of that too. :FlagAm:

The day it all started was March 6, 1836.

On that fateful day, Davy Crockett woke up and rose from his bunk on the main floor of the Alamo.

He walked up to the observation post along the west wall of the fort.

William B. Travis and Jim Bowie were already there, looking out over the top of the wall.

These three great men gazed at the hordes of Mexicans moving toward them.

With a puzzled look on his face, Crockett turned to Bowie and asked,

"Jim, are we having some landscaping done today?"

No, I think they are cleaning the barn today? lol.. good point.. made in a very nice way.. lol

Archived