SASS Wire Forum

Dies needed Old ones

K.A.Mule,#50776

Hi the Wire

My Buddy is looking for a set of .32 Long colt dies for a firearm that rightly should be in My safe not his. Mule

Hi the Wire

My Buddy is looking for a set of .32 Long colt dies for a firearm that rightly should be in My safe not his. Mule

If he has the proper shell holder 32 ACP dies should work much like 38 dies or 44 dies work for the 375 mag and 44 mag, not to mention the 45 acp working for the 45 colt.

Hi the Wire

If he has the proper shell holder 32 ACP dies should work much like 38 dies or 44 dies work for the 375 mag and 44 mag, not to mention the 45 acp working for the 45 colt.

The .32 ACP is not in the same case family as the .32 Long Colt. It's .020" larger at the base than the Colt. The .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long and .32 Mag are in the same family. The .32 Colt is smaller in diameter and uses healed bullets. I think CH/4D is the only company that still makes dies. You can get them from Buffalo Arms. http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,502.html Good luck finding brass and properly sized healed bullets.

Larson

Thankyou so much KA MULE

K A Mule;

Dillon dies are listed for .32 S&W, .32 long and .32 H&R

Also RCBS lists them. I have a RCBS 3 die carbide set I'd sell if your interested.

Marshal Stone

32 short/long Colt IS NOT the same as 32 S&W short/long, they are entirely different cartridges.

www.buffaloarms.com has dies and 32 short brass but bullets, hmmm. Like Larsen said the original bullets were heeled at .313 the inside lubed bullets were .299. I don't think hard cast lead at .313 will work in the Colt case, would bee to big to chamber and I've yet to find a swaged 80-something bullet at .299 diameter. I have all types (short/long heeled/inside colt/s&w) in my collection and they are different (but quite close.)

32 short/long Colt IS NOT the same as 32 S&W short/long, they are entirely different cartridges.

DD;

Did not realize there was a difference. Thanks for setting me straight.

Marshal Stone

Archived