SASS Wire Forum

Summer Vacation..

Deja Vous

Yeah, I know I just passed Christmas, New years, and Easter lol... Every year I have come home for the summer to spend time with my father. This year, I am here, so now I need some thing to do with my time off. They MAKE us take at least one full week, the rest I can split up. So, gosh where would be really cool, where I can take guns and shoot and maybe camp and ghost town... I dont ask for much, huh? lol

No question. Tombstone. You can shoot, walk the streets heeled in your cowboy clothes. Visit the nearby ghost towns of Gleeson and Fairbanks, as well as the old cenuries abandoned indian diggings. Great weather and even greated people to shoot with. Shoot at the Tombstone livery or with the Tombstone Buscaderos on a working cattle ranch.

Yeah, I know I just passed Christmas, New years, and Easter lol... Every year I have come home for the summer to spend time with my father. This year, I am here, so now I need some thing to do with my time off. They MAKE us take at least one full week, the rest I can split up. So, gosh where would be really cool, where I can take guns and shoot and maybe camp and ghost town... I dont ask for much, huh? lol

MY GOD . . . you really ur a hed of yurself this time . . . . :wub:

If'n ya ain't bin to Tombstone . . . then that ud be a gud un to cornsiddderrr..... :wub:

Silverton Colorado is good in the summer time also. :P

No question. Tombstone. You can shoot, walk the streets heeled in your cowboy clothes. Visit the nearby ghost towns of Gleeson and Fairbanks, as well as the old cenuries abandoned indian diggings. Great weather and even greated people to shoot with. Shoot at the Tombstone livery or with the Tombstone Buscaderos on a working cattle ranch.

I love Tombstone, and that might be a fun side trip.. I could visit family and friends over there too... Well up in Phoenix/wickenburg, and New River anyhow.

MY GOD . . . you really ur a hed of yurself this time . . . . :wub:

If'n ya ain't bin to Tombstone . . . then that ud be a gud un to cornsiddderrr..... :wub:

Silverton Colorado is good in the summer time also. :P

Yeah, I know ... just don't want to burn daylight.. lol. Thinking of summers trips helps in the colder weather for me anyhow.. lol

I'd sure recommend holding onto that week until November and go to CAC. Alternative would be Hell on Wheels in June.

Come up to Sillinois the Memorial Dat weekend. The St. Jude Charity Shoot... 2 days of shootin' with the greatest people you'll ever meet. All proceeds go the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. See the link.... ILLOWA Irregulars and Shady Creek Shootists put it on. Most fun you'll have with your clothes on and if you take your clothes off, nobody'll snitch.....LOL

http://www.shadycreekshootists.com/Charity2010.htm

At my work, dey don't care ifin' ya take vaction time or not !!

I think, dis comin.summer I will go to a 3 day shoot in Virginia, MN. Y'all are welcome to come along too !!!

Fri, Sat and Sun, 3rd weekend in Aug. Long range buffalo shoot on Fri.,along wif side matchs!

7 stages on Sat, follered by a ice cream together afterward.

Sun, after cowboy church, shoot 5 more stages!!!

What a hoot !!!! :wub:

Dats bout hit, I think...

unless wifey can think of somethin'....I'm sure she can !!! :wub:

Come up to Sillinois the Memorial Dat weekend. The St. Jude Charity Shoot... 2 days of shootin' with the greatest people you'll ever meet. All proceeds go the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. See the link.... ILLOWA Irregulars and Shady Creek Shootists put it on. Most fun you'll have with your clothes on and if you take your clothes off, nobody'll snitch.....LOL

Wonder why he put da part bout "takin' yur clothes off?????" :wub:

When do ya get the vacation time ? . . . do ya have a choice ? . . . how about going to "End of Trail" . . . late June, . . . . :wub:

Naw... aint good nuff fer "End Of Trail." :P

Someday, just might go to look round at da ventors and such but aint gonna shoot !! :wub:

I love Tombstone, and that might be a fun side trip.. I could visit family and friends over there too... Well up in Phoenix/wickenburg, and New River anyhow.

Been ta Tombstone in da early summer...already hotter den 12 yards of you know where !!! :wub:

Still, woodn't mind goin' back some more. :wub:

SASS Wyoming State Championship Cody's Wild West Shootout June 9-12, 2011. Put on by the High Lonesome Drifters, Cody Wyoming. You can camp at the range. Wear your guns everywhere except the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (a must see destination). Ask me about it Sunday at the match. Yellowstone and Teton National parks are just up the road.

SASS Wyoming State Championship Cody's Wild West Shootout June 9-12, 2011. Put on by the High Lonesome Drifters, Cody Wyoming. You can camp at the range. Wear your guns everywhere except the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (a must see destination). Ask me about it Sunday at the match. Yellowstone and Teton National parks are just up the road.

Except for the wind, the trip Youngblood and I made was fantastic!

oh, and the SNOW through Yellowstone,

oh, and almost getting caught inside the park with no way out,

oh, and the really slippery roads,

oh, and teaching the locals who ta wear a spoon...

JJJ-D

:rolleyes::blink:

Except for the wind, the trip Youngblood and I made was fantastic!

oh, and the SNOW through Yellowstone,

oh, and almost getting caught inside the park with no way out,

oh, and the really slippery roads,

oh, and teaching the locals who ta wear a spoon...

JJJ-D

:rolleyes::blink:

Jitterys.. I can already wear a spoon.. lol. on my nose that is.. lol

I'd sure recommend holding onto that week until November and go to CAC. Alternative would be Hell on Wheels in June.

Now that could be fun... lol..

When do ya get the vacation time ? . . . do ya have a choice ? . . . how about going to "End of Trail" . . . late June, . . . . :rolleyes:

Yes, I do have a choice.. I did not use it all this year, so I will lose it.. I hope to have the time next year..

Sounds like fun too... So this is in Illinois? What part? I have friends an family in Northern IL. up around Chicago.

I love Wyoming... I use to ski Jackson hole when I was younger... nice slope, cold though.. lol.. In the summer it wouldn't be too bad.. Pretty area for sure!

While I love the ocean... and I would love to splash around a bit it holds my interest for about 1 hours.. the other looks like more fun.. lol.. Are there targets? lol

Naw... aint good nuff fer "End Of Trail." :blink:

Someday, just might go to look round at da ventors and such but aint gonna shoot !! :rolleyes:

Well worth while to go as a "Convertioneer" . . .

Best if ya camp on site. If'n ya don't have a RV or trailer, . . either pitch a tent of rent an RV local there to pick up and bring over on site.

Sounds like fun too... So this is in Illinois? What part? I have friends an family in Northern IL. up around Chicago.

It's in the Monmouth/Milan area (Northwest corner). I trek that way from Chicago, as do a few Pards.

Well worth while to go as a "Convertioneer" . . .

Best if ya camp on site. If'n ya don't have a RV or trailer, . . either pitch a tent of rent an RV local there to pick up and bring over on site.

"Convertioneer,uh?" Don't ya have to wear a Nuns outfit? :rolleyes:

Seems dat wood be a bit hot....

Can ya give me some places to look.....it may be a spell...

I love Wyoming... I use to ski Jackson hole when I was younger... nice slope, cold though.. lol.. In the summer it wouldn't be too bad.. Pretty area for sure!

Ima and I shot the Wy state shoot this year and had a ball.

Shot the week before with the Colter's Hell Justice Comm. and had the MOST FUN we have EVER had at a cowboy shoot :rolleyes:

The dinner for the state shoot is done by the Irma Hotel and you could cut the Prime rib with your THUMB.

We hope to repeat trip this next year IF we have the $$$ lined up.

Cheers,

LG

Shot the week before with the Colter's Hell Justice Comm. and had the MOST FUN we have EVER had at a cowboy shoot B)

The dinner for the state shoot is done by the Irma Hotel and you could cut the Prime rib with your THUMB.

Cheers,

LG

I had the buffalo steak when I was at the Irma for the WY shoot a couple years ago.... man what a great place, but I think the Cody museum could use a few more guns :rolleyes::blink:

JJJ-D

:blush::blush:

Shot the week before with the Colter's Hell Justice Comm. and had the MOST FUN we have EVER had at a cowboy shoot :rolleyes:

Cheers,

LG

I hope you can Lumpys... Hey I get to see ya both again in a short while!! Pretty fun, huh?? lol Ima's costumes are so cool.. can't wait to see what she will be wearing!!

It's in the Monmouth/Milan area (Northwest corner). I trek that way from Chicago, as do a few Pards.

Ah.. okay I live out by Belividere, and Cherry Valley, about half way between on a farm growing up, middle of no where pretty much.. You know I didn't even know you could write on bathroom walls until I went to chicago, lol.... yeah,.. fine I am a hick.. lol.. Pretty in the summer..

Guest Copper Mart

I gotta second the Cody shoot. Had a GREAT time there this year. Lots to do and see. Buffalo Bill Museum, Yellowstone Park, etc. Good western shopping in town. Already planning on making it again next year.

Mart...

Guest Copper Mart
I had the buffalo steak when I was at the Irma for the WY shoot a couple years ago.... man what a great place, but I think the Cody museum could use a few more guns :rolleyes::blink:

JJJ-D

:blush::blush:

More guns??? I spent all one afternoon there and still didn't see 'em all. Didn't even get to the rest of the museum. Sheeesh...

SEZ WHO ????? :D

(Tappin' da butt of my pistol wif my finger)

DAT WOOD BE ME !!!!! :FlagAm: Just tellin da truth,dats all !! :FlagAm:

Come up to Gold Country in Northern California it is loaded with history and places to go and things to see and do from gold mines, camping, fishing, if your a wine drinker some of the best wine in the world, summer time white water rafting, come fair time some of the county fairs are great, If you ride motercycles the riding is 2an to none...When and if you and yours come up this way let me know and I can give you a guided tour of the gold country from Coloma to Sonora on hwy 49 just were they found the gold the history and so on.

Archived