SASS Wire Forum

Setting a match

Creeker, SASS #43022

Guest Texas Jack Black
I did read the article. In addition to the actions we all agree are unfair. ie shotting the stages for practice multiple times, he said ANY prior knowledge was cheating. That is what stirred the wire. He could easily have parsed his words, recognized that the "problem" is not widespread, or presented it as a heads-up for MDs. He did none of the above, hence the rancor.

CR

NO, He did exactally what was needed The fact that some of the posts on the wire being deleted shows a nerve was hit and if you had read all the earlier replies and attacks on Tex and those who agreed with him .you would have seen a qroup pattern starting to take hold. The message he sent worked now only time will tell where we go from here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

:wacko: T J B :wub:

I did read the article. In addition to the actions we all agree are unfair. ie shotting the stages for practice multiple times, he said ANY prior knowledge was cheating. That is what stirred the wire. He could easily have parsed his words, recognized that the "problem" is not widespread, or presented it as a heads-up for MDs. He did none of the above, hence the rancor.

CR

I think your right,if Tex felt there was a problem he should of done it somewheres else,dircectly with questionable matches or TG wire........etc.

I think most folks volunteer as I do to help make matches funner,more interesting & somewhat challenging without making it too hard,but not a perceived competitive advantage,because thats what it is.As I've said before settin up match then practicing stages would be cheating,but even at that in all reality its probaly not goin to change outcome of match,but it would look really bad & I would probaly elect not to shoot those matches myself.

AO

If we show up on side match day and get our shooters handbook wuth the scenario's in it and can walk the berms how is this different from any other "prior knowledge" ?????????????

I guess we are all "cheaters" :wub::huh::wacko:

some matches post stages on line prior to match as well,I cant remember last time I even looked thru shooters handbook ,I rather hear stage from berm marshall & see targets as stage is read,I found reading book & walkin stage was to worrisum the day before match

if its a well written match there should not be anything to difficult that would be that much different than a monthly match

AO

Hello, my name is Okie Sabones, and I am a cheater. I'm the biggest gall danged cheater to come down the pike.

I set up stages at two different clubs. Cheater. I write all of the stages for one club, and contribute stages at the other club. Cheater, cheater. I shoot both matches for score. Cheater, cheater, cheater. But that isn't where the real power is at. No siree. I SCORE KEEP at both clubs. I can make that computer spit out whatever results I want. I saw I was shooting in Senior, along with six other seniors. Well I couldn't let myself beat myself, so I added a P to myself. There, that'll teach me! :wub:

That opens up another can of worms. Should a score keeper be allowed to enter their own scores into the scoring program? Especially a gall danged cheater like me. I say we get up a posse and find a rope. That'll teach me. :wacko:

Hello, my name is Okie Sabones, and I am a cheater. I'm the biggest gall danged cheater to come down the pike.

I set up stages at two different clubs. Cheater. I write all of the stages for one club, and contribute stages at the other club. Cheater, cheater. I shoot both matches for score. Cheater, cheater, cheater. But that isn't where the real power is at. No siree. I SCORE KEEP at both clubs. I can make that computer spit out whatever results I want. I saw I was shooting in Senior, along with six other seniors. Well I couldn't let myself beat myself, so I added a P to myself. There, that'll teach me! :wub:

That opens up another can of worms. Should a score keeper be allowed to enter their own scores into the scoring program? Especially a gall danged cheater like me. I say we get up a posse and find a rope. That'll teach me. :wacko:

Dang!! Looks like you're the new Poster Child for SASS Cheaters!

:huh:

I do two things. First off I prepare as far in advance as possible. I ask for volunteers, or assign some stages to folks to write a scenario for that particular bay. When they come in, I look them over for potential problems. I try not to change the stages, but that is not always possible. Many folks want "their" stage to stand out, so they sometimes end up with it being too complicated or have some goofy sweep for each gun etc, etc. It is the match that should be a "Stand out", not necessarily the stage. After smoothing them out, I ask someone from the outside to preview them. If they don't find any pitfalls, then I go through the target list and assign which target will be use at each location. That makes setup MUCH eaiser on setup day before the Big Match. The stages are put away, and forgot about until the setup. Then.... I continue with all the other "things" that are required for a Big Match. If you do the stages first, they will be completly out of your mind by the time you set them up, and then.... everyone will have access to them.

Snakebite

You Sir, are my hero.......

Keep on keeping on.......

Youngblood

Hellfire ;

Good Idea ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Except fer da part bout quiting a club ,,,,,,,, How do Ya deside which one ????

Merry Christmas ta All !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Why that's easy! Just guit the club where you usually place higher in the competition! Shoot where you do not do so well or have less enjoyment. :wacko:

I set up stages at two different clubs. Cheater. I write all of the stages for one club, and contribute stages at the other club. Cheater, cheater. I shoot both matches for score. Cheater, cheater, cheater. But that isn't where the real power is at. No siree. I SCORE KEEP at both clubs. I can make that computer spit out whatever results I want. I saw I was shooting in Senior, along with six other seniors. Well I couldn't let myself beat myself, so I added a P to myself. There, that'll teach me! :huh:

Yeah! Get a Rope!!! :wub:

Archived