SASS Wire Forum

The Last Stand is coming back!

This was the name of the SASS Florida State Championship match for  many years. We are preparing to reintroduce “The Last Stand” (TLS) for 2025.  The Roughshod Raiders is planning to host TLS the first weekend of April (the 3rd-6th) 2025 at Shoot GTR in Gainesville, FL.  We will endeavor to present the highest level of Cowboy, Action, and Shooting that we can create.  Several of the original TLS committee members along with many newer Florida shooters are combining our experience and enthusiasm to make next year’s Florida State match one to put on your calendar!  More details to follow soon…

Delta Glen, Santa Fe River Stan, Arcadia Outlaw and the TLS Committee

• Like 10

That's good news....should be a great match.  I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.....good crew there.

Kajun

• Like 3

Yippee! I am tired of hearing all about TLS and how great it was because it ended  BEFORE  I even know about Cowboy action shooting!! :P

You Florida Cowboys and Cowgirls are outstanding and always put on a good match!!

And yes, like @Captain Bill Burt said,  SC will be the following weekend! 

Oh, and I’ll be a stage or match sponsor when Y’all get to that point! 

Big congratulatory hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 2

Holli and I, and our two kids, attended The Last Stand in 2007, it was our first "Away" shoot where we couldn't just go home every night.  We attended every year thereafter, including "The Last Last Stand" when it moved to St. Augustine.  Although the kids dropped off the posse starting in about 2011 as I recall, Holli and I have attended every Florida State Championship since, with the exception of the two years in Tallahassee but only because the dates just didn't work for us.

So, now we begin the scramble to reset our schedule for this one, but I think we can make it work, and I know the Cracker Crew will put on one heck of a good time!

We will miss the Ides, but look forward to The Reborn Last Stand!

Dogmeat & Holli

• Like 1