SASS Wire Forum

Cart Shelf Addition

Nothing too fancy here, but I finally got around to making a shelf and adding it to my gun cart. The part I thought might be of interest to some is the folding shelf brackets I found on Amazon. Due to the design, you have to use pretty short screws in the front in order to collapse the shelf fully. I didn’t realize that at first and didn’t use short screws, but it still folds enough for easy transport so I may leave it as is.

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5732.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice work and a great idea. Dont plan on too much weight or the cart will become a wheelbarrow. Balance, gravity and all. I had a similar problem with an expensive metal cart and made two brackets to move the axle back about 2 1/2 inches changing the balance point substantially. Good luck, and again, nice craftsmanship.

Imis

• Like 1

I really like rear shelves on my gun cart.  Just a place to load strips or anything you need fiddle with.      GW

• Like 2

10 hours ago, G W Wade said:

I really like rear shelves on my gun cart.  Just a place to load strips or anything you need fiddle with

Agreed! Precariously balancing everything was using brain cells I wanted to save for remembering what I was supposed to do on the stage. And maybe it’s just me, but I also drop about one shotgun shell for every three I grab if I have to reach to the bottom of the cart to find my reloads. This should help on both counts!

• Like 1