SASS Wire Forum

Well Done, Young Lady! EDIT.... NOW WITH CORRECT LINK

Seguin High School senior Karsyn Ross to compete for Team USA skeet shooting team in Italy and Peru

(Seguin) — Karsyn Ross, a senior at Seguin High School, is a Junior Olympic skeet shooting travel team member. Ross will be representing Team USA in Europe and South America later this year.

Ross recently qualified for the team for the third time after qualifying at events in Michigan in May of 2023 and in Arizona in March of this year. She will compete at the Junior World Cup in Italy in July and the Junior World Championships in Peru in September and October.

Last year, Ross finished 6th in the world at the World Cup and 10th in the world at the World Championship. In 2021, she finished 11th in the world at the Junior World Championships.

Ross says it’s emotional for her to represent the United States and her hometown of Seguin.

“It’s just the most amazing thing ever,” Ross said. “Whenever we get to stand on the podium and hear the national anthem playing, it’s real emotional for me knowing that it’s not just for the USA but it’s also for my hometown.”

Ross is an exceptional student at Seguin High School. She is a member of the National Junior Honor Society and competed on the volleyball team. Ross was named an Academic All-State Honorable Mention by the Texas High School Coaches Association in volleyball this past season.

Ross says balancing her studies with her shooting schedule and travel is a challenge.

“While I was on the road traveling, I was doing a lot of my school work on my computer while we were flying and at airports. I always email my teachers to make sure that my work is getting submitted correctly,” Ross said. “It’s harder for me because most everybody in USA shooting is home-schooled, so they don’t have to worry about their curriculum or grades from their teachers. So for me, it feels a little more challenging.”

Ross plans to attend Tarleton State in Stephenville where she will compete on the shooting team there. She will study biology and pre-med with plans to be a pediatrician.

Karsyn Ross will compete for the Team USA Skeet Team at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy July 9th through the 16th and the Junior World Championships in Lima, Peru September 26th through October 7th.

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

And now for a serious question.

She's qualified for the third time since May of '23. That's 10 months. She's qualified three times in 10 months?

How often do you have to qualify for this team?

• Subdeacon Joe changed the title to Well Done, Young Lady! EDIT.... NOW WITH CORRECT LINK