SASS Wire Forum

Wonder if he would have still parked there...

Alpo

Couple of days ago it's pouring down rain, and I can hear a semi out in front of my house. I look.

There is a Lowe's delivery truck delivering some lumber to the house next door. And the truck is parked so it is blocking my driveway. It took about a half an hour for them to unhitch the forklift, take the lumber off the truck and put it in the yard, then put the forklift back on the truck and restrap the rest of the load down.

I have a circular driveway. If I needed to go somewhere, I could just drive out. But if I had a normal driveway, I wonder if they would have blocked it anyway? Or if they figured it was okay to block my driveway because I had another exit?

These days, they'd have blocked it anyways.

• Like 1

I had a Mexican truck driver drop a trailer off in front of my house blocking my driveway in Hawthorne, CA back in 1985. 

I heard the noise of the trailer being dropped and unhooked around 07:00. As I went out the front door he was driving away in his tractor. He looked back at me because I was yelling at him. He kept going. 

Lucky me. A Hawthorne Police Detective lived right across the street. Within 45 minutes the Police had the trailer towed away and impounded for investigation. :D

The driver actually came back to my house to ask where his trailer went. :angry: What a moron. I came very close to punching his lights out, but I did as the police asked and had my wife call them while I talked to him in the front yard. 

It turned out to be nothing more than a stupid man hauling machine parts to one of the Aerospace companies nearby. He needed to drop his trailer because he couldn’t deliver until Monday. This was a Saturday. The police released the trailer the next week. 
The driver was a new US citizen. I guess he learned he wasn’t in Mexico any longer and he got to experience the joys of the CA Unemployment Office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Delivery truck drivers do whatever is convenient for them, to blazes with all others.

Not so much. When I drove, I made it a point to NOT block anybody anywhere. Sometimes it can't be helped, but if that's the case I'd at least try to let somebody know and get permission, and be done as fast as I could. 

Now today, with all the East European, (Russin, Ukrainian, etc,) imports driving, I can't say for sure.