SASS Wire Forum

Just for supposin'

Alpo

Let's suppose that you are going to drive someone's car. The owner of this car has multiple DUIs, and as a result has a breathalyzer hooked up to the ignition, so if he doesn't blow "not drunk" the car won't start.

Would you know how it worked? You've never driven this car before. You never even ridden in this car before. Would you know how to turn it on and what it's for and all that happy horse kaka?

TV show. Hit and Run. They're so sure it's the drunk driver, but he was drunk, so his car would not have started for him. Plus he said he was pretty sure he took a cab to the bar.

Two high school kids took his car for a joyride.

And that was a good plot point but I was just idly wondering why a 16/17 year old kid would know how this breathalyzer hooked up to the ignition switch worked.

I know I wouldn't. Never seen such a thing.

But then, I do live in a backwater town. I frequently find that I'm naive about many many things, then apparently the entire rest of the civilized world knows about.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

And that was a good plot point but I was just idly wondering why a 16/17 year old kid would know how this breathalyzer hooked up to the ignition switch worked.

That's easy....

Parental influence. 

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I was just idly wondering why a 16/17 year old kid would know how this breathalyzer hooked up to the ignition switch worked.

Youtube. I did a search and immediately found 9 videos, including one on how to cheat it. And before you ask, I'd bet that they could find it on their phone AS they were stealing the car.

• Like 1

Can't be too hard to beat. More than a few times drunks drove into the dealership I worked at to have the Intoxalok updated. You could smell the alcohol from the counter when they got out of the car. You drove right into the garage there!

i wouldnt know how one works and didnt think a teenager would ....but then it was pointed out that today its at your fingertips on your phone so i guess they could know and i could learn if i needed to know ,