SASS Wire Forum

The Largest Western Art Collection In The World

Yul Lose

Back in the mid 80’s (1980’s) I worked in the two way radio/mobile telephone business in Arizona. One day I got a call in my office from Eddie Basha’s secretary, now days that’s an administrative assistant, I guess, it seemed Eddie was interested in being able to communicate with their fleet of trucks that served their grocery store chain throughout the state of Arizona. She set up a time and date and location and I had no idea what was in store for me. I showed up at the appointed time and place and when I entered the building it was like walking into an art museum. I was totally in awe of the collection of art that was on display in that building, let alone his private office area. I’m pretty sure that that experience helped heighten my interest in western art. I don’t know if any of you pards have ever had the chance to see his collection but it was amazing. He’s passed away and his collection has been donated to various museums in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area. When I saw his collection it was much smaller that it was when he passed so I didn’t get to see that much of it. Here are a few pictures but if you Google it there is so much more. I didn’t get the deal, by the way.

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4747.png

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 1/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, Yul Lose said:

Back in the mid 80’s (1980’s) I worked in the two way radio/mobile telephone business in Arizona. One day I got a call in my office from Eddie Basha’s secretary, now days that’s an administrative assistant, I guess, it seemed Eddie was interested in being able to communicate with their fleet of trucks that served their grocery store chain throughout the state of Arizona. She set up a time and date and location and I had no idea what was in store for me. I showed up at the appointed time and place and when I entered the building it was like walking into an art museum. I was totally in awe of the collection of art that was on display in that building, let alone his private office area. I’m pretty sure that that experience helped heighten my interest in western art. I don’t know if any of you pards have ever had the chance to see his collection but it was amazing. He’s passed away and his collection has been donated to various museums in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area. When I saw his collection it was much smaller that it was when he passed so I didn’t get to see that much of it. Here are a few pictures but if you Google it there is so much more. I didn’t get the deal, by the way.

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4747.png

Very impressive collection. However, from my saddle, that collection needs a custom Yul Lose gun cart to be complete.

• Like 1