SASS Wire Forum

Eureka! It works! (albeit kind pitiful). Sticky caps

The sticky caps idea.  Well I took a lot of the suggestions I got from the Saloon brain trust and got to work.  I got some of mom's double sided wrapping paper tape, some wax paper and a roll of caps.  I laid a line of tape on the wax paper, then laid the roll caps on top of it.  Then I cut along the edge of the roll caps, and in between the individual dots of powder.  Then I had individual caps.  I could peel the wax paper off with my razor knife, apply them to my toy and pop, it worked!  It was kind of a pitiful report.  Sounded more like a small hammer hitting an anvil.  But it did work.  I did find it laborious to peel the wax paper off so I did another line using the unused portion of the double sided tape on the back of the roll caps.  Once cut, it was much easier to peel and place. No razor knife needed to peel the paper.  So it is possible to do.  Now I need to find some old fashioned roll caps that have a larger dot of powder to give a more resounding report.  

On to the next experiment/project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

Here’s 2400 caps and they get good reviews. 

Back to Basics Paper Caps for Parris Style Shooters (One Package Per Order) https://a.co/d/5SpI8tS

That is a lot of caps!  I'm going to check the local toy store to see what they offer.  Just looking at the picture, these look to be more substantial.  Thanks Pat.

• Like 1

huh , i have not thought about the cap guns i had as a kid in a very long time [well over 65 years im sure] but i just did reading this thread - thanks , they are long gone but i even looked up the photo in the family albumen that i remembered of me wearing them , good memories