SASS Wire Forum

30 Useful Tips for all kinds of things

Pat Riot

I found these on this website:

https://acidcow.com/pics/158306-useful-tips-and-lifehacks-29-pics.html

I knew a few of these but definitely not all. 
DO YOU HAVE ANY TO ADD?

You can connect two Ziploc bags by flipping one inside out to make a larger one."

Useful Tips And Lifehacks (29 pics)

"Use a beard trimmer to remove the cat scratch threads from your couch."

"If you live in an apartment, put numbers on the bottom of your door for proof of delivery. Most of the time, the drivers don't get my door number in the photo, and this way, they have to."

"Unscrew a tight spotlight bulb using suction cups so you can get a better grip."

"How to move clothes on hangers."

"Don't have a toothbrush container? Use a water bottle!"

"A simple doormat could save the life of a beloved pet or wild animal who has fallen into an unsupervised pool."

"If you ever lose small jewelry or really any small items, this is how to find it. Put a stocking, pantyhose, or sock over the nozzle of a vacuum, and swipe it under furniture. It'll stick to the material without getting s**ed into the vacuum."

"I use a 3M hanger upside down to keep trash bags in place."

"Tape a garbage bag to the floor for easy cleanup."

"Silence your unbalanced and noisy washing machine by using a pool noodle."

"My dad shared this trick with me. To deter his perfectly good extension cords from being stolen when camping, he would wrap them in electrical tape in various spots so they looked older and like they've had to be mended."

"Keep your toddler safely in the grocery cart seat with a carabiner."

"Here's how you can sew in a straight line."

"Can't fit two pizzas in your small oven? Cut them in half for optimal pizza placement."

"I’ve been married to my wife for 11 years, and she just taught me that if I use a cheese grater on a cold stick of butter, it’s easier to spread on toast and muffins."

"Write the date on your blister packs so you know if you've taken your meds for that day or not."

"Turn your tackle box into a snackle box. It's perfect for a day trip."

"Pizza cutters are the most under-utilized kitchen utensil. You can use them for so much more than just, well, pizza."

"Duct tape a washcloth around a hanger to clean under your fridge and stove."

"Our diaper bin broke so I am using a litter container instead. Just saved me $30."

"One chopstick + two rubber bands = getting all the toothpaste out of the tube."

"Drink your coffee without watering it down. Just freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and store in your freezer."

"Throw your pillows in the dryer to help fluff them back up. Who doesn't love fluffy pillows?!"

"Put lemon juice on your apple slices to keep them from oxidizing for a couple days."

"I use a hairpin to mark the end of my tape."

"Keep your craft beer fresh by covering it with a cat food cover. They have a dual purpose!"

"Use two thin rubber bands to hold rickety gingerbread walls in place!"

"If your bathroom stall doesn't have a hook to hold your bag or purse, try using the door lock."

Personally, I feel the term “hack” for advice, tips or tricks is quite stupid, but I guess that work is here to stay. 
I guess goofs that use the term hack think computer hackers are helping them out. Duh…

12.  Add another color tape in pattern that you recognize to quickly identify your gear.   I use this on luggage black and white tape on the handles I can pick my luggage out across the room.  My FIL spray painted his work tools with a red swipe.

27 I just fold the end over.

2 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

12.  Add another color tape in pattern that you recognize to quickly identify your gear.   I use this on luggage black and white tape on the handles I can pick my luggage out across the room.  My FIL spray painted his work tools with a red swipe.

27 I just fold the end over.

I like your different colored tape idea. Having contrasting colors helps it stand out. Thanks. 

I do the same with tape. I just fold over the end. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I like your different colored tape idea. Having contrasting colors helps it stand out. Thanks. 

A lot of the time, Marine Units travel through Commercial Airports on a Charter flight. While the Unit travels together, it also means that we would use the same luggage handling arrangements as civilian travellers. Try picking YOUR seabag out of 250 identical seabags on a baggage carousel. I got a roll of red duct tape and wrapped a strip of it around mine.   

16 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

A lot of the time, Marine Units travel through Commercial Airports on a Charter flight. While the Unit travels together, it also means that we would use the same luggage handling arrangements as civilian travellers. Try picking YOUR seabag out of 250 identical seabags on a baggage carousel. I got a roll of red duct tape and wrapped a strip of it around mine.   

I tied a chunk of bandana to my seabag and or my black luggage. 

Archived