SASS Wire Forum

I wonder what they would do

Alpo

The cops obviously would have to arrest her. But would they try her?

This is from a TV show. Boy they got good ideas on TV shows. B)

65 years ago this woman married a guy, and the next day she shoots him and buries him in the backyard.  Then she got the marriage annulled. That would make a pretty good excuse for him not being around anymore - he went back where he came from.

So she sells her property, and they're excavating, and they find the body. Oops.

The woman is in her late 80s. She has Alzheimer's. Did not even remember being married, until she's reminded of all this. "Oh yes. We had a fight and I had to shoot him in the head two times."

SO YOU'RE SAYING IT WAS SELF-DEFENSE?

"Oh no. I wanted to shoot him. He wasn't a very nice fellow."

Do you suppose they would actually try an 85, 90-year-old woman for murder? I know there's no statute of limitations on murder, so the crime is still a crime. But what would be the use? Wasting all that taxpayers money on the cost of the trial.

Here in Canada, we have to behave all the time, since there is no Statute of Limitations legislation for any criminal acts.

• Thanks 1

In AZ she would be charged,  murder is still murder.  Trial, highly unlikely, a plea very likely.  Competency and mental health would be the sticking points.  As a old curmudgeon once told me;  at 85 or 90 a life sentence is much shorter..... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here in Canada, we have to behave all the time, since there is no Statute of Limitations legislation for any criminal acts.

thats the way it should be - just cause you got away with it for a time dont erase the fact you did it , and someone got hurt along the way too , 

• Like 3