SASS Wire Forum

Broke down and got a vaquero

Coot

Bought a taylors running iron and absolutely love it, everything about it. That said I always wanted a vaquero due to everything I've read about its durability and reliability. Anyway I'm very happy so far just gotta change out the awful hammer and spring. Ive never felt a hammer I hated so much as this vaqueros factory one lol. I ordered lees gunsmithing springs and a sbh hammer to install. Wish me luck.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Coot said:

Bought a taylors running iron and absolutely love it, everything about it. That said I always wanted a vaquero due to everything I've read about its durability and reliability. Anyway I'm very happy so far just gotta change out the awful hammer and spring. Ive never felt a hammer I hated so much as this vaqueros factory one lol. I ordered lees gunsmithing springs and a sbh hammer to install. Wish me luck.

Where did you find an sbh hammer to order?  The places I checked are out.

Yeah, if anyone claims I bought a Ruger, ya best bet yer life savings it t'weren't me... 'cause you'd be a winner!