SASS Wire Forum

Gun Buy Back Oops

Lawdog Dago Dom

I have some experience melting guns at work.  None were 'buybacks', what I was told was that they were old evidence or confiscated.  I would look at the back of the pickup truck to see if there was anything that would make you cry.  It was rare to see anything interesting.  Mostly old junk and it seemed a lot of long guns.  SO I had to conclude that bad guys normally have junk or law enforcement had another outlet for good stuff.

I've seen some data that says a large percentage of crime guns do not function correctly, they don't fire, cycle, etc.  So maybe the junk we melted is consistent with that data.

But then we have the Ghost Gun farce where anyone can buy a ghost gun and have a untraceable pistol in a few hours.  1st, they cost more than buying a Glock.  They especially cost more than stealing a Glock (also unregistered).  Then most people are not going to build them so they cycle.  I'd like to see some leftist senator 'know it all' challenged to build one and shoot it.  Both need videoed. 

On 12/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I have a POS .22 caliber pepperbox like this one:

Screenshot_20231207-132249-239.thumb.png.721bd681e2aadbc6fae9809a6f26362d.png

and a beater bolt action Winchester .22 that someone gave me.  Stock has a huge crack in it, missing the rear sight, needs a new tube magazine follower.  I always manage to miss the events.  I suppose I could also try to get something for my "New Orleans Ace" boot gun.

Do you want to sell that thing, Joe?  I had one once and got rid of it.  I would like another just for nostalgic reasons.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Do you want to sell that thing, Joe?  I had one once and got rid of it.  I would like another just for nostalgic reasons.

Check your messages.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

22 hours ago, Gungadin said:

or law enforcement had another outlet for good stuff.

I knew one guy who had been a cop in San Francisco back in the '80s.  He said that when they had a haul of guns from buy backs the cops got a crack at salvaging anything worth salvaging.  The the junk that was left got destroyed.

i didnt think "gift cards" could EXPIRE but then maybe thats a state by state thing ? they cant expire by law here , but yes im in favor of giving "EXPIRED CARDS" to buy back people , seems only fitting as they didnt buy what they are turning in in the first place now did they ? 

Archived