SASS Wire Forum

American Ammo Makers Sold

I have not seen this posted yet so I will just post the headline and let the wire discuss the ramifications.  CZ owns Colt and now another Czech firm has made a major purchase.

Czechoslovak Group Acquires Federal, CCI, Hevi-Shot, Remington Ammo & Speer

Vista Outdoors owned all of those before and basically had a monopoly on primers when Remington went bankrupt (then they bought the ammo side of Remington). At least until we saw Fiocchi and a couple others try to make come backs on the primer market recently. 

This may be a good thing. I suspect CZ will be more gun friendly than Vista. 

Copy/Paste information:

"This is not the first time a Czech company has picked up iconic American firearms industry brands. In 2021, the CZ Group acquired Colt’s Manufacturing Company as well as its Canadian subsidiary, the Colt Canada Corporation. That sale reportedly involved $220 million cash up-front and the issue of just over 1 million shares of common stock. "

(Opinion Only), I shoot a CZ Tactical Sport Orange at other games and do not think there is a better made handgun out there.  It is hand fit, from across the pond.  My bet is that CZ and CZUSA will actually support shooting sports in excellent fashion. 

Like Staccato and Wilson Combat. Taking the time to manufacture to much tighter and closer tolerances produces a more accurate firearm. CZ is doing the same. I have the lesser expensive offerings, the Bobwhite in both 28, and 20 gauge. (Huglo is the manufacturer under the CZ name. Both are very well made. 

While on the CZ subject, I bought a Longhunter modified CZ Sharp-tail for CAS.  Bought it used from a CAS shooter on this forum.  Did not like a few buggered up screws.  Called CZ USA Kansas City and new screws delivered free of charge and quickly.  Nice shotgun.

Remember when 97's were the rage?  Coyote Cap going to China for the CAS world?  Anybody at SASS ever think about calling or visiting CZ USA and asking them to smooth up the Sharp-tail for CAS purposes?  They could sell it as a "CAS Special" for very little effort.  Just thinking...

image.png.87726b9470bfca397a52dd943ae94252.png  is the holding company that bought the US-based ammunition companies.  (See https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/czechoslovak-group-acquires-federal-cci-hevi-shot-remington-ammo-speer/.)  They already own Fiocchi (including the US subsidiary), Baschieri & Pellagri and Lyalvale Express (a UK shotshell company).  CSG also has holdings in defense, aerospace and mobility businesses.  The US-based ammunition companies seem to fit in their CSG ammo+ group.

image.thumb.png.3bdb318985e1e694454d09d75f1ac827.png

13 hours ago, Pb Mark said:

Copy/Paste information:

"This is not the first time a Czech company has picked up iconic American firearms industry brands. In 2021, the CZ Group acquired Colt’s Manufacturing Company as well as its Canadian subsidiary, the Colt Canada Corporation. That sale reportedly involved $220 million cash up-front and the issue of just over 1 million shares of common stock. "

(Opinion Only), I shoot a CZ Tactical Sport Orange at other games and do not think there is a better made handgun out there.  It is hand fit, from across the pond.  My bet is that CZ and CZUSA will actually support shooting sports in excellent fashion. 

I bought a CZ Shadow 2 for my wife that is easily the nicest most accurate handgun I have ever shot. That could be because it makes a 1911 feel like it doesn't weigh anything. Haha

Archived