SASS Wire Forum

Colorado raises firearms purchasing age

Dantankerous

From 18 to 21

So we are allowed to profile?  Maybe females can buy at 18, males at 21?  They really wanted to make it 99 :-) 

How about 18 if you pass a $10,000 psychological?  That is the strategy to make ownership unaffordable to the people that don't live in gated communities.

Legalized Pot?  What laws have they decided not to enforce?

If it is a right, why do they get it at 18 or 21?  Not that I'm against some age steps for privilege's but do we still have to register for the draft at 18?  We can go fight at 18?

Bet they know how that effects voting and reelection.  Another problem solved by our elected officials.  Just pass a law it is illegal to be mean....

Can't solve a problem when you don't get the root cause right.

Sorry I rant, healthier to ignore the news.

Tennessee recently changed the carry law to 18. First for permit less carry, and now 18 year olds can also get a permit.

It started with a suit on 2nd Amendment grounds, and the state decided it could not meet the Supreme Court standard. Still illegal for an 18 year old to purchase a pistol under federal law. but they can get one as a gift.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/tn-legal-ruling-allows-18-and-up-to-carry-guns-without-permit/article_19587dae-de4e-11ed-9094-03e36cfd0211.html

If the Colorado courts rule against 18-20 year olds purchasing rifles and shotguns, it might ultimately result in the federal postal restriction falling away... There is nothing in the 2nd saying arms in common use have some sliding age scale.

News seems to say it has been 'enjoined'.  As I understand that means the judge put implementation on hold as it is likely 18-20 year olds will win based on Supreme Court Bruen ruling.  I guess I don't understand how the historical tradition allows 18 year olds to buy but not 17.

Archived