SASS Wire Forum

Leslie Van Houton Released From Prison

Cypress Sun

I thought there was a law passed that prevented a person that was convicted of a crime from making money from  that crime.

Books ,movie deals, interviews, etc?

I never said that I thought that she should be paroled she should have been executed fifty years ago but she wasn’t and she has served a very long sentence in fact more than most serve for murder 

10 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

I thought there was a law passed that prevented a person that was convicted of a crime from making money from  that crime.

Books ,movie deals, interviews, etc?

The post and link that said she had a high net worth is....very dubious. Seems to come from speculation that she could  write a book that might  make a lot of money...etc etc.

She was denied parole several times by the governor reversing the parole board. This time the state appellate court said that the parole board recommendation had to be followed. Newson decided not to appeal.

I'd like to see her stay in, yet 53 years is far more than she would have served if she hadn't been part of a (justly) notorious murder. I was reflecting-- I've been married 56 years, she's been in prison 53 of those. I have children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Those were taken from her, as she stole them from others. Some justice there, at least.

If one is primarily interested in punishment, then spending the rest of one's years in the joint qualifies.
Punishment is one's rectum becoming the E-Ticket Attraction in the general population.
Year after year.

Or (in the past) making little rocks out of big rocks, all day, every day.
Short of the electric chair, most capital punishment is swift.
The few hours of dread before the event is nothing compared to decade after decade of being an E-Ticket Attraction.

Archived