SASS Wire Forum

Just bragging ...

Skinning and tanning the skin is really quite simple -- no one should be afraid to try it.  The snake was JUST long enough, actually perfect, in fact.  The keys to mounting it to the leather band are being meticulous in the fleshing, pinning and drying phases, and going really slow adjusting the pin positions while gluing it up.  You don't get a second chance with the contact cement.  I got really lucky that I had an extra inch with the right colors to match up with the pattern at both band ends to cover the joined seam.

57 minutes ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Skinning and tanning the skin is really quite simple -- no one should be afraid to try it.  The snake was JUST long enough, actually perfect, in fact.  The keys to mounting it to the leather band are being meticulous in the fleshing, pinning and drying phases, and going really slow adjusting the pin positions while gluing it up.  You don't get a second chance with the contact cement.  I got really lucky that I had an extra inch with the right colors to match up with the pattern at both band ends to cover the joined seam.

Totally Awesome!

and a darn fine job of mounting!

Regards (and completely impressed)

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

BTW I like snake bands too, only really good use for a snake IMHO

Anyone who knows their snakes, will take one look at this fine hatband and say to themselves,
"I do NOT want to cross this fellow!" 

Archived