SASS Wire Forum

The Stalking Moon

Never saw it before.  Made in 1968 starring Gregory Peck and Eva Marie Saint and very well done....except for two things:

The music was too loud and horribly repetitious.

Peck and the Apache who were trying to kill each other both were creeping and sneaking around the New Mexico landscape about as quietly as two runaway wagons

full of cow bells.

Otherwise it is worth watching again...some day.

im going to have to watch it to remember if ive seen it , i like westerns , even if they are not your favorites - seems they arent making a lot of them anymore so you cant be as picky as we were as kids 70 years ago when they were all the time and choices were to be had , 

26 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I remember going to the movies and seeing it.

Have watched it on television a few times over the years.

Great Movie.

There were some great westerns made in the late 60's and early 70's.

One of the final scenes is something I've never seen in a fiction movie of any genre before:  Hero is badly wounded and the bad guy has been wounded once.  Bad guy knocks good guy down a hill and good guy picks up a rifle as the bad guy runs down to attack him again.  He shoots bad guy three times, but the baddy keeps on coming, jumps on the nearly helpless guy and is trying to kill him, but dies in action in a terrible struggle while atop our hero

Archived