SASS Wire Forum

I refuse to pay $100 for pizza

Trigger Mike

46 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The problem is wages lag behind price increases. Eventually they catch up, and then another round of prices occur. And so it goes - like a big slinky. 

I have to disagree...

For starters, ask yourself if you could buy a beach house in San Diego today with your salary, or a typical salary of today?
How about a new truck for $100,000 ?
That is why they offer mortgages for these items... unreachable except by very long time time payments.

I eventually made more annual money than my Dad ever did, and he was an eye doctor.
He had cars, airplanes, boats and lived well... far better than I did, even today.
His house sat on an acre of ground with a view that overlooked the whole Boise Valley.
He had a lake front cottage in ID that is unreachable today... same for a cabin at Lake Tahoe.

I still own the beach house, but could never afford to buy it today.
I bought the $2700 Chevy new in 1977, sold in 1983 for $2500, due to huge inflation in vehicle prices.

I still own that box of $0.50 box of fifty 22LR cartridges... found it the other day, made me smile.

It’s been a while since I’ve eaten out.
I got groceries yesterday. I paid about the same as I would have 2 years ago.

Except I was buying groceries for TWO people then not just one.  Yeah.

17 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I got groceries yesterday. I paid about the same as I would have 2 years ago.

I usually mention somewhere on the way out of the store, "$100 for $55 dollars worth of groceries. Thank You Brandon". I get a LOT of people agreeing with me.

I MUST BE GETTING STRONGER WITH AGE. I CAN NOW BRING IN $300 WORTH OF GROCERIES IN ONE TRIP. PATRIOTPOSTUS: THE REST HUMOR, MEMES CARTOONS

Archived