SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron 1894 replica

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Anyone have any experience with the Model 94 replica marketed by Cimarron?  From the photos, it has no stupid safeties or angle eject.  In other words, it looks like a real 94.

I wonder how they compare to the pre-64 Winchesters, or at least to the pre-83 ones.

Looks like current calibers are just .30-30 and .38-55, which are good options, but I'd love to get one in .410 if they ever offered it.

I might suggest that you handle one and cycle it if that is allowed by the shop. You may find that a search for an original would be a better investment in value and function. Also, the Marlin Cowboy rifle have a good record with accuracy and function.

10 hours ago, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

I might suggest that you handle one and cycle it if that is allowed by the shop. You may find that a search for an original would be a better investment in value and function. Also, the Marlin Cowboy rifle have a good record with accuracy and function.

I have 2 real Winchesters.   Both are carbines.   A pre-83 .30-30 and a pre-64 in .32 Winchester Special.   What I'd really like is an octagon barrel rifle in .30-30.   Those are getting rather expensive on the original department, and when I saw that Cimarron was marketing them in that configuration for about a thousand dollars less than I have seen a real Winchester go for, I became curious.

I would not spend 10 cents on a post 83 Winchester.

Archived