SASS Wire Forum

Well, no primers at End of Trail!

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

On 11/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I had NO plans to go and shoot or vend until someone said to me: I’d like you to be a vendor at EOT”. 
That doesn’t sound like an invitation to you??

It did to us!!

She DIDN’T say: “but only if you pay us $440”!

Seriously? LOL, you are mad because she asked you and the paperwork included a fee? Thats akin to someone asking you to come shoot at the local club and it costs you $15 to shoot. Is that going to make you mad also? The littlest things now days bothers people. Sounds to me like you just got upset that you couldn't do it for free. Oh well life is such that nothing is free and there is a cost for everything. Anyway have a drink , relax and worry about the little things stuff in life. JMO , which that and about $6.58 will get you a small cup of coffee at most places. :P

• Like 1

This thread is wrong in so many ways. People need to stop and think before attacking each other this way, and yes that statement applies to me as much if not more than anyone on the Wire.

We live in a culture where a significant portion of the population hates us and the freedoms we enjoy, but we’re still attacking each other over small stuff.

Just my opinion, I wouldn’t classify a Good Samaritan dropping thousands of dollars on primers he resells at cost the same way I classify someone operating a for profit enterprise. That either pushes him out (which is what happened here) or he passes that cost on to SASS members who we’re counting on to attend SASS matches.

So now cowboys who might have been able to purchase primers at EOT and keep shooting can’t do that and EOT doesn’t get that vendor fee.

It’s a nice lose/lose result. This is Tell’s fault because he doesn’t want to shell out $440 as a fee for being nice? As an added bonus we also have lots of hurt feelings.

@Smokestack SASS#87384in answer to your question about primers, I use ammoseek.com, picked up 5,000 federal small pistol for just under $500 from LG Outdoors just a couple of weeks ago. They are in stock now. I also picked up 10,0000 federal small pistol on Gunbroker last week, cost me about $1,000 delivered. Picked up 5,000 federal small rifle this week, $470 delivered. They’re out there, but still pricey.

Now that I’ve read this uplifting thread to start my day, I’ll wait for election returns and hope for some good news.

I need a break from the Wire. The last few days it’s been depressing to see good people arguing with other good people and ending relationships and matches. Hopefully 2023 will be better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

What? You want me to give up my sources??:blink:

You said in your first post your selling at your cost so why not help others purchase directly.  Not sharing your sources makes me suspect your selling for profit, not your cost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

You said in your first post your selling at your cost so why not help others purchase directly.  Not sharing your sources makes me suspect your selling for profit, not your cost.

I know Tell personally and can testify that his desire to help without any personal gain is genuine.  His generosity goes well beyond just selling primers to individuals at his cost, well beyond, as a great many of us know for an undisputed fact!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2