SASS Wire Forum

Urgent – U.S. Senate Voting on Gun Control!

Charlie T Waite

The U.S. Senate is voting on a gun control package this week – your U.S. Senators need to hear from you today.

The gun control package would allow states to use federal taxpayer dollars to implement state-level gun confiscation orders, i.e. “red flag” laws. The language provides inadequate protection against states with the lowest standards of procedure from qualifying for the funding, including those that currently have “red flag” laws allowing ex parte confiscation orders. Under such orders, lawfully-owned firearms could be seized before the accused had so much as an opportunity to contest the accusations against them.

The legislation would also create unnecessary and ineffective waiting periods for certain law-abiding adults who are not prohibited from purchasing firearms by giving anti-gun Attorney General Merrick Garland the discretion to delay firearm sales for mere “cause.” 

Additionally, the gun control package would significantly increase the number of Americans who are federally barred from possessing firearms by expanding prohibitions for non-domestic, non-violent misdemeanor convictions. Virtually no other constitutional right is taken away for misdemeanor convictions and this legislation would treat the Second Amendment as a second-class right.

Further, nowhere in the legislation are the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans advanced, and it is being rushed to the U.S. Senate floor for votes, bypassing hearings, markups and amendments on the legislation.

Please contact your U.S. Senators TODAY and respectfully urge them to protect and defend the Second Amendment by voting against this misguided gun control package.

Click Here

You can also call your U.S. Senators at 202-224-3121 and you will be connected to the appropriate office. 

My senators are Shumer and Gildabran both Demorats.  I am sorry but it is useless for me to contact them as they are worthless pieces of $$it.

14 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

My senators are Shumer and Gildabran both Demorats.  I am sorry but it is useless for me to contact them as they are worthless pieces of $$it.

And this is why we are in the shape we're in.  Only by continually overwhelming them with calls, emails & letters from constituents will we make a difference.  It the same with voting.  Apathy will kill us every time.

Done!!

If senators who are supporting this legislation or are leaning toward voting for it are inundated with negative comments or vows to vote these traitors out, we may be able to sway one or two.  For those like Shumer, they need to know that they are NOT representing their constituents!!

Whether you think it’s going to do any good or not, sign on and send the emails!!  IT CERTAINLY CAN’T MAKE IT ANY WORSE!!

I sent the message to them both but the last time I did this they sent me some BS letter about how they support the 2A.

9 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Same as my Demtards. They don't give a damn about "We the People" :unsure:

Post a copy of the Bill If you can . So we can decide.  This bill still needs to be tweaked in the Senate.

I’ve read some of it.  Weeding through the legalese is worse than a root canal.

Congress should be required to post all legislation in plain, simple to understand language.  

There’s a lot of window dressing involving mental health and some that seems to address protecting schools.  

I’m not into the gun regulations too far yet, but it’s the most riddled with double talk and misdirection of what I’ve been able to read so far.  

I DO see occasional reference to sunset or time limit dates and delays in implementation that appear to be toward 2024/5.

This will require more time to dissect and digest on my part than we have before a vote is likely!

Some of our “learned council” should read and translate for us, but on first examination, there’s enough congressional double speak to make me think this is a dangerous start toward more and worse unconstitutional legislation!!

Archived