SASS Wire Forum

@ Linn Keller Countdown

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday! My last day at work with a full crew!

De Lawd has had mercy on my corroded soul: the new hot water tank is installed and a fine job it is, if this one lasts better than two decades like its predecessor, I will a happy man be!

Three calendar days, three shifts ... and the hot water tank is in, the floor is dry (and clean!) and my beautiful bride won't have to shower in cold water.

If tomorrow is your last official day to work, then there are really two days left which would be today and tomorrow making the count off.

This should correct it.

Snip-it_1659040645309.jpg.689524c75db11264ce2443ea26d2dae0.jpg

9780446696630_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg.70bb82f0c35f66c07927b194a89ef5eb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

If tomorrow is your last official day to work, then there are really two days left which would be today and tomorrow making the count off.

This should correct it.

Snip-it_1659040645309.jpg.689524c75db11264ce2443ea26d2dae0.jpg

9780446696630_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg.70bb82f0c35f66c07927b194a89ef5eb.jpg

.... will you please make up his mind .....  -_-

Trust me, I can Corn Fuse any situation!

Figure it this way ... tomorrow will be my retirement cookout.

Every shift when I report off, I complain that "The Mandrell Sisters never did show up today!"

How much you want to bet one of those ornery sorts will show up with a life size cardboard cutout of Louise Mandrell and give to me! 

:P

15 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Trust me, I can Corn Fuse any situation!

Figure it this way ... tomorrow will be my retirement cookout.

Every shift when I report off, I complain that "The Mandrell Sisters never did show up today!"

How much you want to bet one of those ornery sorts will show up with a life size cardboard cutout of Louise Mandrell and give to me! 

:P

Would an inflatable one be preferable?

Imis

*erp*

Everyone else at the Happy Retirement cookout ate burgers or hot dogs.

They had a T-bone steak for me.

Much hand shaking, many kind wishes, a fistful of cards, most of them funny.

Saturday and Sunday and that'll be it.

I would normally say "This feels funny" but those were Doc Holliday's last words ...

Sunday.

Last day.

My friends, thank you for this delightful countdown, and for bearing most patiently with my comments!
Tomorrow I celebrate my First Day of Retirement by going to a regular maintenance grade doc's appointment.

On Medicare.

Debating whether to take my Cripple Stick and making a point of complaining loudly about Them Young Fellers, and In My Day, and Why I Never! :lol::lol::lol:

Of course I'll have to do an absolutely terrible John Wayne imitation ... "I happen to like grumpy old men. I hope to become one someday." :P

... well, let's see ...

Went to the doc. Blood pressure is perfect, I'm old, fat and ugly, not necessarily in that order (no, the doc was not that undiplomatic, I looked in a mirror!) (:P)
Actually this morning I called up the employee sick time calloff number.

HR called me my next to last day and we had an ersatz exit interview (I kept the HR director laughing through the whole thing!) in which she said whenever I called off, it got passed around to nearly everyone in City Hall, because invariably, my calloff messages were FUNNY.
So I called off this morning, in a flat, Joe Friday monotone.

"Keller.  W. Linn.  Employee number 1404.  Calling off. Detailed reason for calloff ...

RETIRED!!!"

Calloffs get passed down to the boss, eventually, and my boss sent me a text:

"Thanks for one last laugh!"

A co-worker once called me a Commodion ... he said I was so full of it I need flushed (he's right!)

Otherwise I gave the yard a haircut.

Ran the dish washer. It made a terrible clatter as I sprinted it down the street on a chain leash.

Fixed supper for the wife, even had fresh blueberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Charging batteries for my electronic shooting muffs.

Now I can sit down and let my imagination return to the Silver Jewel..

It's hard to spook a Texan, they're tough as seasoned white oak, and the idea that a Texan got spooked so bad by a mountain witch playing a Hellfiddle just makes me marvel!

Well, get your stuff together and go to a match this weekend.

Ya earned it and iffen you get bored you could engage Tennessee Williams in a liars contest. Be warned, the boy is good

Imis

Archived