SASS Wire Forum

Year of Production Colt SAA

TN Mongo, SASS #61450

13 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Have you plugged the number into THIS SITE?

My newest one S49XXXA was made in 2008.

Yep, but I didn't have all the exact digits (I was working with some X's) and it wouldn't let me determine a year by randomly replacing the few X's with some other digits.

1 hour ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Yep, but I didn't have all the exact digits (I was working with some X's) and it wouldn't let me determine a year by randomly replacing the few X's with some other digits.

Well, don't put in X's.   Put in the exact number and it'll tell you exactly when it was made.

2 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Well, don't put in X's.   Put in the exact number and it'll tell you exactly when it was made.

I would have, but I didn't have the exact number to enter.  I was trying to identify the year of production of a revolver that is for sale and the full serial number was not offered.

5 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I would have, but I didn't have the exact number to enter.  I was trying to identify the year of production of a revolver that is for sale and the full serial number was not offered.

If you use S87001A and S87999A you should have a close guess. It should be 2019 or 2020.

17 hours ago, Cholla said:

If you use S87001A and S87999A you should have a close guess. It should be 2019 or 2020.

I plugged in multiple number combinations and still struck out.  I have a pretty good idea now thanks to the help of members of the forum.

On 4/16/2022 at 11:23 PM, Cholla said:

You can find the unofficial serial number range here:  https://www.coltforum.com/threads/colt-3d-generation-serial-numbers-to-2012.261433/page-3

image.thumb.png.286019f6f30ab9e087e3844dce741c91.png

I have to say that chart is off....I haven't been on the colt forum in a while, but the SAA my wife got me as a wedding gift in early 2015 has serial number S74xxxA. This chart puts that production in 2017. Unless did they switch numbering again? I read they they jumped a huge gap which does show in that chart in 2019.

Archived