SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 1897 Carriers, you need to see this

I am making an assumption here but it appears to be new carriers packed on cosmolene. I moved some to expose the hammer, sear, action slide lock and spring, shell flag, and I think the main spring is there also. I have 2 complete carriers that I will sell. I will deliver one to you for $275. Post on this ad that you will take it and it is yours

Acceptable methods of payment are bank certified check, postal money order or with preapproval a personal check.

Direct questions to outlawgambler@gmail.com

DSCN4414DSCN4411DSCN4412

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

Winchester but they should work in any 1897

Will they work in 16 gauge 1897’s?

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 6:42 PM, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Are those for IAC or winchester? Or is there a real difference?

Know from personal experience that you cannot put the carrier for a clone in an original Winchester. It is a few thousandths too wide. 

I suspect that putting an original carrier in a clone will cause issues with the the cartridge stops because of the narrower width.

Some of the carrier parts are interchangeable between a clone and an original. Others are not.

These are not clones, IAC, or Norinco. They are Winchester. A Winchester will fit all Winchester 97's and some clones, since they are narrower than the original clones but there very well could be some fitting issues. Don't buy these if you need a carrier for a clone. Contact me and I will sell you an original clone carrier for the Norinco and IAC.

Archived