SASS Wire Forum

Savage/Fox Shotgun question

Randingo

A local gun shop has a Savage/Fox side x side 12 ga 2 3/4 model BSE series H for sale and asking $600.00.

Would this be a descent starter gun and can the ejector be removed?

THX!!!

3 hours ago, Randingo said:

A local gun shop has a Savage/Fox side x side 12 ga 2 3/4 model BSE series H for sale and asking $600.00.

Would this be a descent starter gun and can the ejector be removed?

THX!!!

Col Lou???

I think that price is great!

I loved mine...but alas, it cracked and will cost more to recast the piece than the guns value.

Good luck!

That is adelux version of the Stevens 311.  They are solid shotguns, but most shooters do not like them because of the extension between the barrels, which makes rapid reloading awkward.

1 hour ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

That is adelux version of the Stevens 311.  They are solid shotguns, but most shooters do not like them because of the extension between the barrels, which makes rapid reloading awkward.

But...for that price, and getting good at loading it...he will be a whiz once he 'upgrades'!:wub:

Maurader has a section on his site just for these.    I have one from years ago.  Hard to get barrels to stay open if shortened,   The barrel extention makes reloading harder, and some (mine) likes to only fire one barrel once a match.   Solid gun.    GW

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

But...for that price, and getting good at loading it...he will be a whiz once he 'upgrades'!:wub:

I am inclined to agree.  I think the idea of the extension getting in the way is more of a psychological than physical handicap.  Most shooters disagree with that.  As I am usually competing for the slowest time, my opinion is worth what it costs.

1 minute ago, G W Wade said:

Maurader has a section on his site just for these.    I have one from years ago.  Hard to get barrels to stay open if shortened,   The barrel extention makes reloading harder, and some (mine) likes to only fire one barrel once a match.   Solid gun.    GW

One of the other cowboys came up with a mod to hold the barrels open on a 311.  It works quite well.

Archived