SASS Wire Forum

New bullseye ejector rods

DeaconKC

Has anyone tried out the Samson Enhanced Ejector Rod? It's a Bullseye style made for the Ruger Wrangler. I wonder if that would work on a full size Vaquero or 1873 clone.

Bullseye ejector rod can be tight in a holster, remold it by wetting the holster and taping a  wooden dowel to the frame under the barrel from the head of the rod to the frame. This makes a channel for the head to ride in.  I learned this from a Walt Andrews holster making video , tried it and it works.

I emailed the company and they have not tried it for fit on the larger guns.

If you want a bullseye ejector head, why not just buy an Uberti bullseye rod?  Similar price and you know it will fit.  VTI/Cimarron/Taylors/Dixie should all carry it.  Or does this Samson one maybe have a smaller head on it?

9 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

If you have a quality holster they will often be a problem. 

Yup - I have more than once finished a stage without a head on the ejector rod.

Broke one on the first stage of the Utah State Championship a few years back - spent the rest of the match knocking out empties with my "custom" punch rod.

Luckily, on the clock reloads are rare - so my time knocking out the empties at the unloading table is not a factor. 

3 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

If you want a bullseye ejector head, why not just buy an Uberti bullseye rod?  Similar price and you know it will fit.  VTI/Cimarron/Taylors/Dixie should all carry it.  Or does this Samson one maybe have a smaller head on it?

Actually just saw it on MidwayUSA while looking for something else in one of those ad blocks on the bottom of the screen. I like my crescent head ejectors, much better than the Ruger button.

Archived