SASS Wire Forum

An elderly bloke was invited to an old mate's home for dinner one evening

Buckshot Bear

An elderly bloke was invited to an old mate's home for dinner one evening.
He was amazed by the way his mate preceded every request to his missus with endearing terms such as: Darling, Honey, My Love, Pumpkin, Sweetheart, etc..

The couple had been married almost 50 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.

When the missus went back to the kitchen to get more beers for the blokes, the old bloke leaned over to his host, and said: "I think it's so amazing that, after all these years, you still call your missus those loving pet names."

The old bloke hung his head. "I have to tell you the truth," he said. "Her name slipped my mind about 10 years ago, -- and I'm scared to death to ask her what it is."

Two "seasoned citizen" ladies are out for an afternoon drive, happily chatting as they merrily roll along through the countryside.

Eventually, the driver came to realize that she was pretty much supporting the conversation alone; her passenger had not spoken for several minutes.  Finally, she looked at her and asked, "Is there anything wrong, my dear...?  You've become awfully quiet!"

The passenger gave her a forlorn look, and finally said "I just don't know how to say this.  I am so ashamed!  We've been dear friends since we were children, and I suddenly realized that I cannot recall your name!"

The lady driving was shocked.  Her head swiveled from watching the road and looking at her friend, who was sitting there gazing back expectantly.

Finally, she sighed, and asked...

"Um... how soon do you need to know?"

This old man had a friend visiting him, and they are sitting in the living room talking about this, that and the other thing. The man starts telling his friend about the restaurant he and his wife had dinner at the night before. About how attentive the staff was, about how delicious the food was, and about how reasonable prices were.

His friend appeared amazed, and ask the name of this perfect restaurant.

The man thought a moment and then said, "There's a flower. It's red, it smells very nice, is comes on a long stem with thorns. You give it to someone you love."

The friend said, "A rose?"

The man snapped his fingers and said, "That's it". Then turning towards the kitchen he yelled, "Hey Rose, where did we go to eat last night?"

Archived