SASS Wire Forum

Dog question

Trigger Mike

We had 2 yellow lab girl.dogs and one went missing when she was about 5 years old.  Her sister was the runt and yet lamented her missing sister.   Our son did as well.  

We also have an anatolian shepherd but he doesn't stay in the goat pen like he should so she sometimes hangs out with him, but not a lot.

We decided to get a 2 year old yellow lab to help her and our children.   

She refuses to do anything but growl at the new dog and so she is afraid to go to the dog feeder on the back porch so we feed her on the front porch.  We have to dump it without a bowl as she empties the bowl and takes the bowl off the porch.  

How do we get the old dog to welcome her?  Because she has not, every morning she goes off somewhere and plays with other dogs.  Sunday she went a couple of miles away.  Lately she goes to my mom's house and her neighbor has small dogs that she plays with.  We go get her and she comes home.

You cannot force dogs to like each other. They are pack animals. They will work it out, or they won’t. Your dog may be lashing out at the other because she is in mourning and she sees the other dog as an intruder. Also, she may be seeing the new dog getting extra attention and she’s jealous. 
Give it some time. 

How in the heck did auto communista get “diff” as a word in place of “dog”? Sheesh!

Some dogs just won't get along. We had several dogs at a time. They all got along fine until one day when two of them didn't. They had to be seperated for the rest of their days. I even had to build little gates and fencing INSIDE the house to keep them separated. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Some dogs just won't get along. We had several dogs at a time. They all got along fine until one day when two of them didn't. They had to be seperated for the rest of their days. I even had to build little gates and fencing INSIDE the house to keep them separated. 

I have 2 like that right now both want to be #1 and the older one is not willing to give up the title. They both have made a trip to the vet because of me trying to make them get along. Now only one is out at a time. They just dislike each other, the older one is a uncle of the younger, maybe they are just too much alike. 

Archived